Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Toshiba x205 LCD Calibration  (Read 2031 times)

dwdallam

• http://www.dwdallam.com
Toshiba x205 LCD Calibration
« on: November 08, 2007, 04:10:32 am »

I bought a Toshiba x205 recently and want to calibrate it as best possible.

I reformatted one of the disks, partitioned it, and loaded the machine with Vista Ultimate 64. The laptop came with Vista 32, and Toshiba doesn't do 64 bit drivers--at all, and that came from tech support on the phone.

Most of the drivers they had loaded and ran because most were from other vendors, such as wifi and lan, which loaded. The point is, I got everything working properly with some searching and past computer tech knowledge--except the video driver.

This laptop usses the nVidia 8700M (M for mobile) graphics card, which is exactly the same hardware as all nVidia 8X series cards, except with specific tweaks in the video driver, which Toshiba makes. That's why you can't download and install video drivers from nVidia or ATI or whatever the case may be, which means you have to get them from your laptop manufacturer.

Again, tech support said tough crap, we don't do 64 bit drivers--period, for any hardware, period.

So I went to laptops2go.com and downloaded their inf file and the driver that goes with it and installed it, and now I have a WHQL nVidia 64 bit driver, with all the nVidia software.

So everything is cool.

Except, I've never calibrated a laptop display.

I have a Spyder2 Pro Suite calibration tool.

My question is--how do I set the white point?  I can't find it. I read that sRGB on a laptop is 6500K, and this one particular article said leave it and and then do your hardware calibration.

So how do I go about getting this monitor calibrated as best possible, brightness, back light, contrast, etc.?
Pages: [1]   Go Up