Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't find new .icm profile in photoshop CS2  (Read 4351 times)

tandlh

Can't find new .icm profile in photoshop CS2
« on: November 07, 2007, 10:20:13 pm »

I loaded a new .icm profile from Canon today into the usual location for my XP System:  Windows\system32\spool\drivers\color.  When I explore I can see the new profile along with the many others in that directory.  However when I try to softproof in CS2 it's not on the profile list in the pull down menu.  It's also not visible when I try to use it in the Canon IPF export module.  I've clicked on the properties for the file, saw a new item that said that this was downloaded from another computer and may be unsafe, so I clicked to go ahead and use it.  Still no luck.  It's probably something simple but I've spent hours trying to figure it out, so I thought I'd turn to you guys and see if you know what's up.

Thanks,
Ted

papa v2.0

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 06:52:55 am »

icc profile can have two names

the file name eg. Nikon.icc   or .icm

and a profile name eg. Nikond70srgb,  the name which appears in the profile list

sometimes they are the same and sometimes they are different.

do you have profile inspector?

if so double click on the profile and a list of properties will be displayed

the profile name will be in there.

ive been caught out by this before

tandlh

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 07:25:23 am »

Thanks for the suggestion.  I downloaded a Profile Inspector from color.org and it says their an error in the file, so perhaps that's it.  If I could find a real person at canon to talk to I'll try with them.  

Something else unusual about this.  When I right click on the file name the top item on the list that comes up is "INSTALL".  When I click on it nothing happens.  Some of the other profiles have "UNINSTALL" in that location implying that they are installed, yet some that work fine also say "INSTALL".  This used to be so simple, download, unzip and drag and drop.  

THanks,

Ted

jule

• http://www.juliestephenson.net
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 02:44:02 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion.  I downloaded a Profile Inspector from color.org and it says their an error in the file, so perhaps that's it.  If I could find a real person at canon to talk to I'll try with them. 

Something else unusual about this.  When I right click on the file name the top item on the list that comes up is "INSTALL".  When I click on it nothing happens.  Some of the other profiles have "UNINSTALL" in that location implying that they are installed, yet some that work fine also say "INSTALL".  This used to be so simple, download, unzip and drag and drop. 

THanks,

Ted
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=151275\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Have you tried deleting the Profile and re-downloading and unzipping and placing in correct folder again? Perhaps there was some corruption when you downloaded or unzipped it.

Julie

tandlh

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 04:59:12 pm »

Julie,
   Yes, in fact several times.  I'll try to get ahold of Canon tomorrow and see if they are aware that the file seems to be corrupted.  Other profiles that I've used were part of a self extracting zip file or were a simple copy to the right directory.   I just wasn't sure if one of the Super Tuesday Microsoft updates might have added some extra security that caused me to have to do something else, like the properties warning box I saw.  

Hopefully I can find someone at Canon who can talk about the profiles on their digital learning center.

Ted
Pages: [1]   Go Up