Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick Question on how to Update z3100 Firmware  (Read 1852 times)

Roscolo

Quick Question on how to Update z3100 Firmware
« on: November 07, 2007, 04:04:45 pm »

I just did a clean reinstall of Win XP Pro - so there is no printer or software on my system.

To update the firmware via the HP Printer Utility should I:

install the old HP Easy Printer Care that shipped with the printer and update firmware from there

OR

should I install the new HP Printer Utility and can I update firmware from there?

Simple question, but just want to make sure.

Thanks!

casterle

Quick Question on how to Update z3100 Firmware
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 06:56:25 pm »

I just did a clean reinstall of Win XP Pro - so there is no printer or software on my system.

To update the firmware via the HP Printer Utility should I:

install the old HP Easy Printer Care that shipped with the printer and update firmware from there

OR

should I install the new HP Printer Utility and can I update firmware from there?

Simple question, but just want to make sure.

Thanks!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=151143\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I doubt that it matters much, but if you want to make sure you've got the latest firmware on the printer before you install the software, you can update via the printer's web server if you've got the printer on an ethernet connection. Here's how to do it that way:

Open you browser and type the printer's URL into the address bar. You can find the URL on the splash page of the printer's LCD display.

On the printer's home page, click the 'Setup' tab along the top of the page.

Click on the 'Firmware update' link in the list of links on the left of the page.

Browse to the firmware file using the 'Browse' button on the 'Firmware update' page. Note that you must extract the firmware file from the executible that you downloaded. In the case of the PS, the file is called TR12-TR12PS_06_00_00-7_mvl40-x86-opt_B.fmw.

Click on the green 'Update' button at the bottom of the page.

That's all there is to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up