Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brumbaer Colour Matrix Question  (Read 1472 times)

Murray Fredericks

• http://www.murrayfredericks.com
Brumbaer Colour Matrix Question
« on: November 07, 2007, 04:26:42 am »

Hi,

this is a question that follows on from our last discussion on the Brumbare White Shading File issue.

I understand that Mr Hess has instructed us to shoot atest chat at 5000k for a D55 calibration, and then also a test chart at 2800k for the 2nd box (optional).

My question is:

1. What happens when you shoot under different lights (e.g. fluoros) and if the instruction is still to leave the boxes set for daylight and tungsten then,

2. What are all the other lighting settings for in the drop down menu?

Keen to know if there is more to take advantage of in this application as I've discovered what a huge difference exists in the  noise levels (and obviously the colours)  when a good calibration for d55 is created and applied in the first box.

Cheers

Murray
Exhibition Website   http://www.murrayfr

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Brumbaer Colour Matrix Question
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 04:41:40 am »

Hi Murray,

My understanding for your questions is following:

- You have basically the choice to either do ONE CC, with the upper box  and the lower then to "ignore", or then to do TWO CC.
- In either case you should take a Macbeth chart under the light conditions of the subject, being it daylight, being it tungstene, being it fluo, etc .... and save/use this one as your number ONE.

That is the way I have always done it.

- If you decide to perform a "double CC", then it is best when the first and the second calibrations are as far apart as possible from each other in terms of K°, according to Stefan.
- However, the first CC should always be done under your light conditions.
- which leads to the question if in this case (fluo CC in the first) the second CC is still changing a lot, respectively if it makes sense to perform the second under e.g. 2800 K° or then may be better at 5500 K°.

- "other lighting settings": my understanding is that those choices in the dropdown menu are pre-created/saved CC by Stefan (defaults), if one cannot make use of a Macbeth chart.

I would suggest to "wait" for either Rainer or Stefan who are the experts here, to confirm or correct this.

Best regards,
Thierry

Hi,

this is a question that follows on from our last discussion on the Brumbare White Shading File issue.

I understand that Mr Hess has instructed us to shoot atest chat at 5000k for a D55 calibration, and then also a test chart at 2800k for the 2nd box (optional).

My question is:

1. What happens when you shoot under different lights (e.g. fluoros) and if the instruction is still to leave the boxes set for daylight and tungsten then,

2. What are all the other lighting settings for in the drop down menu?

Keen to know if there is more to take advantage of in this application as I've discovered what a huge difference exists in the  noise levels (and obviously the colours)  when a good calibration for d55 is created and applied in the first box.

Cheers

Murray
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=151048\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 04:46:09 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up