Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harman Glossy Rolls  (Read 2276 times)

Harris

Harman Glossy Rolls
« on: November 05, 2007, 08:34:15 pm »

I learned today from a supplier that Harman has halted shipping any rolls of the glossy to the US at this time.  Some people reported they got rolls that were rolled backwards and before Harmon will make any more deliveries they want to correct the problem.  I believe there were a few reports of this problem in another thread on this forum.

Avalan

Harman Glossy Rolls
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 11:35:56 pm »

With all respect to the Harman workers and anyone working in a mass production factory under the regulation which dictates" we need to be more productive", I just laughed.

Did not laughed at the workers. Not at all. Laughed at the practice of "rush to the gold mine, before anyone else".

Random bad packaging, random defective coatings, random wrong rolling of the paper. Does it indicate anything and if yes, what?

In one of the posts I read " it is possible to have this kind of things in a Monday morning before the coffee break". Maybe. But most likely it is a sign of an extra rush to capture the gold mine.
I feel the corporation greed not the labor fault.
And it is just a guess.

All the best - Avalan

jeffball

• www.earthandskyphoto.com
Harman Glossy Rolls
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 08:20:52 am »

I just received my 24" wide roll on Monday.  So far, I am very happy with the results.  Only a very few minor and small blemishes which may have been my handling.  I am stil testing, but it really looks nice.  BTW, it was "rolled" properly.
Jeff

I learned today from a supplier that Harman has halted shipping any rolls of the glossy to the US at this time.  Some people reported they got rolls that were rolled backwards and before Harmon will make any more deliveries they want to correct the problem.  I believe there were a few reports of this problem in another thread on this forum.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150811\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Jeff Ball
[url=http://www.earthandskypho

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
Harman Glossy Rolls
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 12:12:57 pm »

I have two 17" rolls of Harman Baryta-----both look good.  Nice paper.

After seeing this thread----I decided to open up my new roll of 24" Harman Baryta----oops!  It's rolled backwards!    

Called and left a message with Inkjetart.com to return and replace this 24" roll.  Apparently it may be a while for replacements as there is also quite a backorder for this paper already.

ken

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
Harman Glossy Rolls
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 11:41:32 pm »

I was informed by Inkjetart this morning that the "bad" batch of Harman rolls has been identified as batches beginning with "34D...." and are being replaced by the manufacturer.

Kudos to Inkjetart for the fast and attentive customer service!

I was then contacted by Inkjetart that replacement 24" Harman rolls were in already---and gave me the option of replaceing my roll as opposed to a credit.  New 24" Harman roll on its way!

Thanks Inkjetart!
Pages: [1]   Go Up