Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: JENOPTIK Press Release  (Read 9182 times)

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 05:25:06 pm »

I'm really asking myself what more one neeeds to do to satisfy some and being given some credit.
But if you wish to understand it that way it is absolutely your right.

Thierry

This press release is an example information clouding in the interest of a particular manufacturer with no technical or legal weight behind it

To be fair it has clarified the 'support' issue

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150729\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2007, 06:10:09 pm »

- there is no adapter planed for the H3D from Sinar: clearly and unequivocally answered

- "This is what we want and these choices are the result of that wish": the press release can be understood that way and it says it clearly.

Enough for me on this topic, this starts to be ridiculous.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,

I thought you wanted a rumor about this. Now you have a chance to get it and you let it slip!

Ah, just kidding. But seriously, you could answer with hard and cold information, being the official Sinar representative that you are. It would help taking out the core of unneeded speculation.

"This is what we want and these choices are the result of that wish".

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150776\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 05:51:21 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

hubell

JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 06:32:58 pm »

I'm really asking myself what more one neeeds to do to satisfy some and being given some credit.
But if you wish to understand it that way it is absolutely your right.

Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150768\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Perhaps there has been confusion in the past about Jenoptik/Sinar's position on this issue, but at this point there should be no doubt. Here is the relevant statement from the Press Release: "It[the Hy6 camera] is designed to work exclusively with Sinar or Leaf digital backs or the Franke & Heidecke
analogue film backs." The intention behind that statement is every bit as clear as Hasselblad's intention in the way it has designed the H3D to only work with Hasselblad backs.
I understand Thierry's frustration over people's inability to accept the reality that Phase is not part of the Hy6 platform. Jenoptik and Leaf have invested millions of dollars in trying to innovate a state of the art camera to serve as a platform for an integrated  system using their digital backs and 90% of the comments in this forum are directed to how, when, whether Phase backs will attach to the Hy6. I would suggest that such energy would be more profitably spent buying a Sinar or Leaf Hy6 and taking Phase One to task for sitting on its hands rather than investing serious money like the other MFDB makers in trying to innovate new products. Unless, of course, you think buying up used cameras from KEH and Ebay to serve as replacements or jury rigging Phase backs to work on a Hasselblad H2F qualify as innovations.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 09:30:26 pm by hcubell »

Jack Varney

• http://
JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2007, 09:20:19 pm »

The Rollei HY6 has a digital interface according to their literature (http://www.franke-heidecke.net/files/images/Pr_Hy6_GB_4S_24.7.07.pdf). Seems to me that Phase or anyone else can develop a compatible back.

Reminds me of IBM's development of the advanced "Phase Encoded" tape drive technology some thirty years ago. Within a week Storage Technology Corp announced the same tape drives, fully compatible with the IBM drive and they announced availability several months ahead of IBM's drives!

Market pressures might make these cameras available for use with other backs.
Jack Varney

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 01:34:10 am »

I understand Thierry's frustration over people's inability to accept the reality that Phase is not part of the Hy6 platform.

.... I would suggest that such energy would be more profitably spent buying a Sinar

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150786\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

People

I own sinarback and have done for years - I didnt buy a phase because I didnt like the lack of adapters so I did take phase one to task - with my wallet

It is quite clear that Phase are not part of or welcome on this platform

But I have still seen no technical or legal reason why they cant be on it -whether J/S/L like it or not

And if they can/might be on the platform it is important to phase owners to know this it could have serious affect on thier future purchasing decisions

TH has not answered thie why question lots of times and I wouldnt expect him to - while he is an excellent and appreciated poster at some point he will put his job and companies interests above absolute openness IMO

--

Imagine owning phase and changing systems at $000s and two months later realising that you could have changed system for free as part of the 'mount swap program' offered by phase

Of course J/S/L want you to buy thier (excellent) products and the info from them will push you in that diection whether it is best for you or not

-----------

MF adopters of the recent past like myself H1/Sinarback find they are in a bit of a mess with their systems

The thing I find most confusing is that the manufactureres should all be offereing great swap/trade packages to dive right into thier system

No one has approched me to go pure blad or pure sinar with an attractive offer

I am a very happy camper with my current system - a little peeved to not be able to access the HC28- but generally very happy -  so I persue no agenda apart from an open exchange of information with the phtographers interest at the core

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

thsinar

JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 02:16:15 am »

Sam,

yes, I did not answer this, purposely and for different reasons. Partly for the reason you mention (I dont want to loose my job -   ), but also because I don't see it as my (our) duty to give such "details".

Did Hasselblad provide any single information on their H3D platform? Not even after 1 year. Nobody seems to be concerned much about this and the details. And not a single person has ever asked about it on this forum.

Best regards,
Thierry

... But I have still seen no technical or legal reason why they cant be on it -whether J/S/L like it or not[/b]

TH has not answered thie why question lots of times and I wouldnt expect him to - while he is an excellent and appreciated poster at some point he will put his job and companies interests above absolute openness IMO

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150845\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 02:40:11 am »

Sam,

yes, I did not answer this, purposely and for different reasons. Partly for the reason you mention (I dont want to loose my job -   ), but also because I don't see it as my (our) duty to give such "details".

Did Hasselblad provide any single information on their H3D platform? Not even after 1 year. Nobody seems to be concerned much about this and the details. And not a single person has ever asked about it on this forum.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150851\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mate. I wouldnt expect you to and I am not 'knocking' you for not

I also dont think you are lying or even holding back the information you have

I am more trying to make sure other users (consumers) dont see manufactuers websites/posts etc as THE WHOLE PICUTRE

In term of the H3d - yes there was a lot of noise - both an essay by MR, two now, and numerous posts by users who had been 'locked out' - enough noise for this site to get a rep as 'hassy bashers dot com'

Its not like you are even locking out your existing user base

Obviously, to me, the fact that the Hy6 takes two brands of back and is a much broader church of companies in the development makes 'your' system much more open to speculation

I try to base my speculations on the core basic engineering principals of each system not wild fantasy which I think is beyond the accepted remit of this board

Hopefully you and other readers understand the difference between my speculations and the rumours posted by other users on occasion - I try to be careful with my language

Is there value to speculation ? well I have been speculating for some time that there would be a decent nikon and have accordingly not made a big loss on trading my 14-600 nikon lens collection - and consequentially saved $000s I have also not purchased any Dx lenses saving a few more $00

Speculation on a 66 chip is surely a big seller on the Hy6

And speculation is fun  

As ever we will have to agree to disagree and enjoy a variance of opinon

S
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 03:31:37 am by Morgan_Moore »
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

Geoffrey

JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2007, 09:35:50 pm »

Mate. I wouldnt expect you to and I am not 'knocking' you for not

I also dont think you are lying or even holding back the information you have

I am more trying to make sure other users (consumers) dont see manufactuers websites/posts etc as THE WHOLE PICUTRE
S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150854\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There was also the earlier assertion that TH wasn't being totally forthright due to his need to keep his job... etc. It doesn't seem appropriate to cast his discretion in that light: corporate representatives operate within clear rule structures, and TH has been VERY clear as to what those are. And he has, to his credit, been unwilling to bend them, just because we have a desire to know more about things outside of his purview.

Repeated efforts to get him to participate in speculation would seem unnecessary, IMO. If we can't separate our thoughts from his professional responsibilties, then I'd suggest we need a bit more work on our end, not his. Lets let him off center stage and go about our business with his help. Can we let this go now?

G

Wim van Velzen

• http://www.fotografiewimvanvelzen.nl
JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2007, 05:06:44 am »

Very much agreed. I really value the willingness of Thierry to participate and the content of his contributions here!
I don't have a signature.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up