Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: JENOPTIK Press Release  (Read 9183 times)

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
JENOPTIK Press Release
« on: November 05, 2007, 10:09:06 am »

Dear all,

here the recently published "Press Release" from Jenoptik AG.

I hope this does definitively clarify things.

Best regards,
Thierry
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

samuel_js

JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 10:35:35 am »

And that's the press release for the launch of the camera that's supposed to be the future of digital photography?  My god....
They are obviously no marketing gurus...

jpjespersen

JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 10:36:28 am »

At quick glance it seems as though everything in this release has been said previously.

Dear all,

here the recently published "Press Release" from Jenoptik AG.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150674\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thsinar

JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 10:38:52 am »

it's not the press release of the camera, but the one to state who are and who are not partners of this project.

Why is it so difficult to understand and need to be distorted that way? It has nothing to do with marketing a product, but giving TRUE information and RESPONSE to the latest speculations and rumors. Period.

Best regards,
Thierry

And that's the press release for the launch of the camera that's supposed to be the future of digital photography?  My god....
They are obviously no marketing gurus...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150677\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 10:40:36 am »

that's what I was trying to make everybody understand here.

Now it is from Jenotpik itself, and may be more credible for some.

Thierry

At quick glance it seems as though everything in this release has been said previously.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150678\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

jpjespersen

JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 10:42:38 am »

It still doesn't convince me that phase one or brand xxx couldn't make a back that works with this camera.  Time will tell.
it's not the press release of the camera, but the one to state who are and who are not partners of this project.

Why is it so difficult to understand and need to be distorted that way? It has nothing to do with marketing a product, but giving TRUE information and RESPONSE to the latest speculations and rumors. Period.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150680\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thsinar

JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 10:44:53 am »

that was not the content of your claim in earlier posts.

As for making a back that works with it, you are absolutely right: time will tell.

Best regards,
Thierry

It still doesn't convince me that phase one or brand xxx couldn't make a back that works with this camera.  Time will tell.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150682\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 05:47:36 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 10:47:20 am »

It still doesn't convince me that phase one or brand xxx couldn't make a back that works with this camera.  Time will tell.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150682\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Me neither

Although I imagine brand XXX would need to by rolleiflexes with film back that would then be binned or canibalised

Thereis a thread about epson and ink on the papers board which seems to say fake ink is not allowed - seems to be a similar situation

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

mtomalty

• http://www.marktomalty.com
JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 10:54:26 am »

The statement, "It is designed to work exclusively with Leaf and Sinar digital backs...."
 appears to be quite clear  :>))

Mark

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 11:16:31 am »

The statement, "It is designed to work exclusively with Leaf and Sinar digital backs...."
 appears to be quite clear  :>))

Mark
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not really.

A BMW is not designed to be used with third party alloy low profile wheels

You can still buy them and put em on though.

My sinar P2 is not designed to be used with a phase back - yet I have a phase adapter

(in fact this is an H mount sliding back adapter - did phase have to pay sinar or blad I wonder for thier fleaxadapter)

---

A clear statement would be

"We have built an encrypted code into the firmware and only backs broadcasting a the correct key will work - so dont even bother Mr Phase" *

Or

"Using Legal Act ABC123 will we sue the arse off anyone messing with our camera patented mount etc"

It is clear that they wont be helping phase though

S

*I doubt that is thae case becuase it would need to be backdated to all sinar backs unless there is a lockout on the way  

==============

Epson links of interest..
[a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20648]LL Thread[/url]
Epson plays hardball

Further thinking ..

Stigma Lenses
Third party softboxes
Nikon F mount horseman digiflex etc
All interface with brand specific mounts
licenenced ? illegal ? or just the way of the world ?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 11:34:13 am by Morgan_Moore »

jpjespersen

JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 11:34:28 am »

My statement has always been that I believe that phase one is making a back that can connect to the hy6.  As to how and when it will be released I can not say.  

I don't work for a camera company as everyone knows.
that was not the content of your claim in earlier posts.

As for making a bakc that works with it, you are absolutely right: time will tell.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150683\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thsinar

JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 11:39:18 am »

your statement was that there would be an annoucement from PO about the adaption to the Hy6 with a possible model available at the Photo Expo in NYC. Your source was not cited but claimed to be sure to be trustful.

As someone working for a camera company, I have to correct such misleading information, being it misleading from you or from your source.

I hope you can understand this.

Best regards,
Thierry

My statement has always been that I believe that phase one is making a back that can connect to the hy6.  As to how and when it will be released I can not say. 

I don't work for a camera company as everyone knows.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150700\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 11:46:57 am »

As someone working for a camera company, I have to correct such misleading information, being it misleading from you or from your source.

I hope you can understand this.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150701\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

How can you know what Phase are doing - do you work for Phase? No

All they need to do is buy a camera and a film back

rip up the film back and the engineers can have a drawing made of the mount  the same day

probably could be in production in a week with CAD/CNC technology

ten minutes with a voltmeter and they probably know the firing specs (not comunication protocols)

Then there you go - phase hy6 mount - no ISO transfer etc but who really cares about that stuff

You have not made clear why this is not possible although I have suggested a couple of possible reasons - encryption and patent breach

I would imagine phase would wait a year to see if anyone buys the things and if they are reliable though

S
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 11:52:00 am by Morgan_Moore »

thsinar

JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 12:01:13 pm »

You are right, as for knowing what PO is doing, and that's why I don't speak about it.

What I have problems with are speculations and information heard from trustful sources, turning into rumors. And it was presented and turned as something being "official", not a solution like you describe it below. When it involves the company I am working for, it is my duty to rectify, and I shall do it with my information anytime. In this I am like TechTalk.

Unfortunately this information was read by some dozens of members, before being deleted. And it did turn into an amplified rumor, to a point where everybody was waiting the morning of the opening of this exhibition with the certainty of this rumor in mind.

This being said: I am well aware what is possible to do or not with a camera and its communication protocols or the manufacturing of an adapter plate in one day (Graham did it in a couple of days, with drawings).

I simply wish one could speculate as much on when Phase or Sinar or else will be having their adapter plate for the H3D (I or II). It seems to me that this H3D back can be taken away, thus manufacturing an adapter is as much possible as for the Hy6, isn't it?

Best regards,
Thierry

How can you know what Phase are doing

All they need to do is buy a camera and a film back

rip up the film back and the engineers can have a drawing made of the mount  the same day

probably could be in production in a week with CAD/CNC technology

ten minutes with a voltmeter and they probably know the firing specs (not comunication protocols)

Then there you go phase hy6 mount - no ISO transfer etc

You have not made clear why this is not possible although I have suggested a couple of reasons encryption and patent breach

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150702\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 12:28:52 pm by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 12:13:39 pm »

I simply wish one could speculate as much on when Phase or Sinar or else will be having their adapter plate for the H3D (I or II). It seems to me that this H3D back can be taken away, thus manufacturing an adapter is as much possible as for the Hy6, isn't it?

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150707\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So you arent ruling out an unofficial version or stating why that is a non runner.

In terms of the H4D with multipoint AF and a 55 shift lens (pure speculation    )

I would be well up for a hack and very interested

I thought (a guess) that the H2/3 are not phisically different but there was firmware encryption stopping it

S
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 12:41:30 pm by Morgan_Moore »

thsinar

JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 12:20:57 pm »

Sam,

if you read my posts since January of this year, I have always said that it is up to Phase to tell officially if they plan to do some kind of adaption for the Sinar Hy6, always. But that is certainly not our "problem" and to explain it how this can work (or why not).

So now let's speculate on the H3D with the competition's adaption solutions: it will put a bit the "pressure" on others, instead on me!

It is my opinion that I have provided the necessary information, from a possibly well trustful source. There isn't much to add to it, IMO and from my side.

Best regards,
Thierry

So you arent ruling out an unofficial version or stating why that is a non runner.

In terms of the H4D with multipoint AF and a 55 shift lens (sure speculation    )

I would be well up for a hack and very interested

I thought (a guess) that the H2/3 are not phisically different but there was firmware encryption stopping it

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150711\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 12:21:59 pm by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 12:50:13 pm »

There is no pressure - its all ones and noughts on a screen

My understanding

The ball is in phases' court

They will not get any help or support - the project would be unoffical

They may or may not hit a legal or technical wall which you wont reveal

So Phase uers will have to wait

And I can carry on being happy using my Sinar on a H1 for a while

And my guess - there is no legal or technical wall - if there was you would have revealed it to quash the rumour mill

My conclusion - it could happen - very differnet from the press release unless you read between the lines
S
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 12:54:49 pm by Morgan_Moore »

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 01:48:27 pm »

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150707\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oh, but seriously. I would be impressed with that and why not? I hope PO & Sinar will do that.

Almost as much as I hope that Hasselblad will make an adapter for the H3D (I or II).

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 02:07:33 pm »

Come on guys, how stupid do you want to be? [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150722\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually I dont think this is stupid

There might be a Hy6 phase adapter round the corner (a year or two my guess)

Everone seems to agree that this is possible

It is clear that it wont be 'supported'

But in terms of firmware I dont see that a lockout is possible without locking out existant Sinar backs

Considering some people may be considering some very expensive system changes that may not be neccesary it would be stupid not to push the point

It is importatnt that those people make thier desicsions with thier eyes as open as they can be

No disrespect to the manufacturers who are using any means possible to push thier product (that is of course thier job) but they need to be watched very carefully - the internet is a great tool for doing that

This press release is an example information clouding in the interest of a particular manufacturer with no technical or legal weight behind it

To be fair it has clarified the 'support' issue

------------

Oh and on the H3 thing (no 28 for non H3ers)- I have just discovered the fire with no lens facility on my H1 and have been shooting with manual Mamiya lenses taped on the front

Its good for 125/th as far as I can see (dont know about flash yet) - im going to get my fisheye reverse engineered - A big saving on a total system change and I can get a 55 rise I reckon

-----------

S

thsinar

JENOPTIK Press Release
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 05:14:20 pm »

You've seen? Like this and the following post one starts a rumor!

Thierry

Thierry, when do you think Sinar will make an adapter for the H3D? Will it have electronic coupling or not?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150722\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 05:14:43 pm by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up