Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harman Glossy really looks good!  (Read 9752 times)

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
Harman Glossy really looks good!
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2007, 10:04:17 am »

I have the same roller smudges on attempted prints with this paper on my Z3100 44".  Also, the marks evidently cause issues with the calibration and APS profiles such that my prints with this paper are considerably darker than with the HP pro Satin with an APS profile. I tried "less ink paper" glossy choices and wide and normal platen choices all to no avail. Can't get rid of the roller marks. It's a shame since this paper really has potential.

I will be awaiting the hardware fix as well before I try this again.

Jim

I've tried the Harman Gloss on my Z3100 using every paper selection I can think of, and I've been unable to produce a print that doesn't show transfer roll smudges.  I talked to HP Tech Support about this, and was told that they were expecting to have a hardware fix for this problem in late December or January.  I've given up on this paper for now.  If anyone has a solution I'd be happy to hear about it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=151589\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

meyerweb

Harman Glossy really looks good!
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2007, 04:37:34 pm »

Is the Harman paper the same as the new Ilford Galerie Gold Fibre Silk?

And can anyone definitively say if it's possible to print these new baryta papers with the Z3100?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=151547\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The answer to the first question is no.  There's a comparitive review floating around somewhere. Maybe on photo-i.co.uk forums.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up