Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leopard and Lightroom  (Read 2811 times)

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Leopard and Lightroom
« on: October 31, 2007, 04:19:36 pm »

I've run across my first compatibility problem with Leopard and LR.  It started when I was trying to drag some images from the finder into my iWeb gallery which didn't work.  I then found that trying to do anything in the finder to access the image, such as get info, or selecting it while using column view in the finder which should show the preview in the right column crashes the finder.

The problem seems to be related to lightroom and metadata on jpeg files created after being used in LR.  The only fix I've found is to open the jpg in photoshop and then resave the image out with save for Web.  I've been looking for a utility that strips all the metadata from the jpeg so I don't have to re-compress it, which would be better for the web anyway.  (anyone know of one I would appreciate it).

It doesn't affect every jpeg, and so far I can't find a commonality for the ones affected.

Here is one thread about the issue...

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?m...667546&tstart=0

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Leopard and Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 03:54:24 am »

Another issue that seems to be somewhat common is the inability to eject media, such as CF cards or external FW drives, some of the time.

The OS claims it is busy and recommends quitting applications.  Quitting applications doesn't seem to help, the only way to eject the affected media is to log out and back in.

It doesn't happen all the time, and I'm unsure what action triggers the problem.  I do know that if I access my LR library which is on the external FW drive, I will not be able to eject that drive.

This seems to be a pretty common problem, quite a few discussions about it.

francois

Leopard and Lightroom
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 03:54:50 am »

You should report it to Apple via http://bugreport.apple.com. I just tried with about 300 jpeg files, generated by Lightroom 1.2 and had no problem (on a G5) at all. I might be lucky.
Francois

larsrc

• http://
Leopard and Lightroom
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 06:55:36 am »

I've run across my first compatibility problem with Leopard and LR.  It started when I was trying to drag some images from the finder into my iWeb gallery which didn't work.  I then found that trying to do anything in the finder to access the image, such as get info, or selecting it while using column view in the finder which should show the preview in the right column crashes the finder.

The problem seems to be related to lightroom and metadata on jpeg files created after being used in LR.  The only fix I've found is to open the jpg in photoshop and then resave the image out with save for Web.  I've been looking for a utility that strips all the metadata from the jpeg so I don't have to re-compress it, which would be better for the web anyway.  (anyone know of one I would appreciate it).

It doesn't affect every jpeg, and so far I can't find a commonality for the ones affected.

Here is one thread about the issue...

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?m...667546&tstart=0
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149859\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There's a thread about Leopard problems over in the LR forum on this board, where more details and pointers are provided.

francois

Leopard and Lightroom
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 07:45:56 am »

Another issue that seems to be somewhat common is the inability to eject media, such as CF cards or external FW drives, some of the time.....
I've also experienced that issue with my FireWire and USB2 drives. On the other hand, I didn't have any problem with CF card (using a Lexar FW reader).
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up