Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 4 beta 2  (Read 9731 times)

david o

• http://www.davidolivier.net
Capture One 4 beta 2
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 01:03:23 pm »

I had download but never tried until today.
I can see half of the curve window and I am not really familiar to it. So it took me a long time to figure out how to do what I am use to. LR is more intuitive to me...
To busy today to dig further.
Not impressed.

Cedric

• http://www.mialaret.com
Capture One 4 beta 2
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 04:18:06 pm »

So far I have not had any problem with the beta.

I'm not sure I like the new interface.
PhaseOne is still underestimating the value and the need of decent documentation/help files.

I'm dearly missing the renaming feature (or did I miss it?)

On the positive side it's way way faster than 3.7.

I can understand why many will prefer LR and I think PhaseOne is still underestimating the damage it will suffer as a consequence of taking so much time for so little. Although I still think C1 produces better files and notably better colors than LR.

Ideally, they would license their RAW engine to Adobe for inclusion in LR.
Or they would buy an Adobe license for LR's library management technologies to integrate them into C1.

While they're at it they should license Nikon's high ISO denoising algorithms  so that we can truly use high ISO with digital backs

Hagenbach

• hagenbach.info
Capture One 4 beta 2
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 06:37:10 am »

. I hope this is fixed in the official release because a Dual G5 isn't a slow machine.

There's much work be done but we shouldn't kill the program until we see the final version.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150691\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I complained some weeks ago in the PO forum that beta 2 on a G5 seems slower than even on a G4. PO said we should wait for the final version which should (!) be then tweaked for PPC machines. I hope this to come true, for the time being 3.7.7 is the way to go. Before I buy v.4 I would really like to test if these intentions ...

Cheers
Andreas
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up