Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPF8000 firmware update  (Read 3111 times)

Malcolm Payne

iPF8000 firmware update
« on: October 30, 2007, 04:09:26 pm »

V1.31 is now available for download from http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010404.asp, along with updates to the Status Monitor and Device Setup Utility.

Out of curiosity I did a binary file compare with the firmware images from the Canon USA and Europe sites and they were reported as identical.

Ralph Barkin

iPF8000 firmware update
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 06:52:56 pm »

V1.31 is now available for download from http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010404.asp, along with updates to the Status Monitor and Device Setup Utility.

Out of curiosity I did a binary file compare with the firmware images from the Canon USA and Europe sites and they were reported as identical.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149634\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think Canon's firmware releases are all the same worldwide.  Drivers and Media Tool would have regional differences, though.

Malcolm Payne

iPF8000 firmware update
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 07:39:23 am »

So I would logically have assumed; but the European release was some three weeks behind the US one and, according to John Hollenberg in an earlier thread, Canon have in the past issued dire warnings about using firmware from one region in another, so I was interested to compare the two.

(similar updates for the iPF9000 are also now available on the European website)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 07:44:05 am by Malcolm Payne »

Scott Martin

• Onsight
iPF8000 firmware update
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 11:54:01 am »

Over the last year I have installed various firmware updates from Canon's USA, UK and Japon's websites with no problems. The data files are all the exact same size.

FWIW, I have compiled Firmware installers (one for Mac and one for Windows) that can install the latest 1.31 firmware update on any IPFxx00 printer. I also have all of the latest drivers and Photoshop Plug-ins available. All are clearly named and available for one-stop (free) shopping at my FTP site. Hope this is helpful.

FTP Server: www.on-sight.com
Username: onsightguest
Password: guestftp
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up