Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mamiya 645 manual focus lenses  (Read 10496 times)

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
Mamiya 645 manual focus lenses
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2007, 07:31:13 pm »

In my experience, with Leaf, Hasselblad, and Mamiya backs on AFD/II bodies, the leaf shutter lenses do function without the need for locking up the mirror. This is practically the same as using the leaf shutter lenses on Mamiya 645 Pro/TL bodies, without the WG402 auto-cocking Power Drive Grip.

The the shutter in the Mamiya leaf shutter lenses can be cocked and released independent of the camera.

You cannot fire the AFD/II body without a back.

Regards,

Jordan Miller
DTG
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155008\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

if you try it, its very obvious why a leaf shutter lens doesnt work on a focal plane afd body.
the leaf shutter has to have the mechanical aperture leaver (like in the pro bodies) to trigger the leaf shutter to close before the focalplane shutter opens.
without this, the shutter in the leaf shutter lens is left in the open position.

paul
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau

Snook

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2007, 07:50:42 am »

if you try it, its very obvious why a leaf shutter lens doesnt work on a focal plane afd body.
the leaf shutter has to have the mechanical aperture leaver (like in the pro bodies) to trigger the leaf shutter to close before the focalplane shutter opens.
without this, the shutter in the leaf shutter lens is left in the open position.

paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155080\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Paul Your absolutely right... unfortunetly...:+{
So maybe that is why people have been saying you have to mirror up.. maybe when it comes down it triggers the Leafshutter lens...
Just checked and your right there is not lever to trigger the Lens!!!! Shit!
Oh well.. Going to pick up a RZII pro D soon and then I can sync at 400/th...:+}
Snook

Snook

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2007, 08:23:56 am »

Paul Your absolutely right... unfortunetly...:+{
So maybe that is why people have been saying you have to mirror up.. maybe when it comes down it triggers the Leafshutter lens...
Just checked and your right there is not lever to trigger the Lens!!!! Shit!
Oh well.. Going to pick up a RZII pro D soon and then I can sync at 400/th...:+}
Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155183\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

PS. I cannot believe all the Bone Heads who said it worked in here...
That's what stinks about these forums most of the time, You a lot of People who do not have any clue what they are talking about...  But talk Like they do...  
You have to weed out most of the comments...
Thanks again
Snook

Snook

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2007, 09:18:41 am »

I think everyone here has told you many times why the leaf shutter lenses are a pain in the ass to use. Mamiya tells you how to use them if you wish to pursue that configuration. No one has been making this stuff up. It's open information. You have been in dreamland for some reason with the M645 leaf shutter idea.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155745\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hey John no dream land.. But thanks for your stupid statement.. If you weren't such a smart ass and would read a few post back people were saying you need to mirror lock, some said you did not have to use mirror lock, etc... What it is for crying out loud...
I looked yesterday at my AFDII and there is not a lever to trigger the Leafshutter lens on the AFDII.
Like was standard on the ProTL  from the body.
but does not matter as I just bought a RZ and can sync to 400th anyways.
Thank god I do not have to dream anymore and only wait for Mamiya to make the "New" Leafshutter with AF which would be great.
I did not expect an idiot statement coming from you, But nothing surprises me these days..  
Snook
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up