Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stylus Pro 7800 custom paper size problem  (Read 1476 times)

ares

Stylus Pro 7800 custom paper size problem
« on: October 30, 2007, 04:38:57 am »

Hello,

I'm having a strange problem when printing with my Stylus Pro 7800 under OSX. What happens is that the printed image comes out softer than the same image when printed with a default paper size. The image is the same, the paper is the same and all the driver settings are the same (except for the paper size), but the end result is different. I've tried with both my PowerMac G5 and my iMac Intel with the same outcome. I'm using the latest driver and the printer has the latest firmware installed. If I print the same image from Windows XP (under Parallels on the iMac), with the Epson Windows drivers, the result is the same on both default and custom paper sizes, as it should be. So I'm fairly confident that there is a bug in the OSX driver, but, since the problem is quite apparent and I've not been able to find any mention about it on the Internet, I'm wondering if someone with a 7800 and OSX would be so kind to do the test and then let me know the result. I'm using Bill Atkinson's profile test image (printed with an unsharp mask of 0.6 - 160), and I've attached a scan of the printouts I'm obtaining.

Many thanks for your help.

[attachment=3687:attachment]
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 04:41:04 am by ares »
Pages: [1]   Go Up