Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom Compare Mode  (Read 4761 times)

HickersonJasonC

Lightroom Compare Mode
« on: October 28, 2007, 12:17:00 pm »

While I was using the free trial of Lightroom for the past month, I really came to appreciate the Compare mode when selecting the best shot from a group of similar frames. In fact, it handles this so much better than Bridge, I decided to buy.

Well, after installing the purchased version of LR, I'm missing a couple of "features." Gone is the "make select" option in compare mode (I can still right-click and "swap images"), and I can no longer adjust the thumbnail size in grid mode or access the image size slider in compare mode (I can still click to view at 100%). Have I done something to hide these features or did LR do away with them when it updated itself last? I'm using the newest version 1.2.

Any help appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 12:18:02 pm by HickersonJasonC »

picnic

Lightroom Compare Mode
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 02:02:39 pm »

While I was using the free trial of Lightroom for the past month, I really came to appreciate the Compare mode when selecting the best shot from a group of similar frames. In fact, it handles this so much better than Bridge, I decided to buy.

Well, after installing the purchased version of LR, I'm missing a couple of "features." Gone is the "make select" option in compare mode (I can still right-click and "swap images"), and I can no longer adjust the thumbnail size in grid mode or access the image size slider in compare mode (I can still click to view at 100%). Have I done something to hide these features or did LR do away with them when it updated itself last? I'm using the newest version 1.2.

Any help appreciated.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149173\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Jason--assuming  this in Library module, vs. 1.2?  First things first--to adjust the thumb size in grid, there is a slider at the bottom of the window when you are in grid mode that allows you to adjust the thumb size.

I'm not sure of what you mean exactly (I can't remember) but---below the photos on the right you will find two x/y with arrows.  The first with the two arrows is the swap icon, the next with the one arrow in the middle is the 'make select' icon.  However your mouse over them and you will see what they stand for.

Hope this helps.

Diane
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 02:03:06 pm by picnic »

HickersonJasonC

Lightroom Compare Mode
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 03:56:43 pm »

Jason--assuming  this in Library module, vs. 1.2?  First things first--to adjust the thumb size in grid, there is a slider at the bottom of the window when you are in grid mode that allows you to adjust the thumb size.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149192\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The slider was there. Now it's gone.

I'm not sure of what you mean exactly (I can't remember) but---below the photos on the right you will find two x/y with arrows.  The first with the two arrows is the swap icon, the next with the one arrow in the middle is the 'make select' icon.  However your mouse over them and you will see what they stand for.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149192\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same thing here. The arrows were there. Now they're gone.

Perhaps I simply corrupted the program somehow and need to reinstall.

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
Lightroom Compare Mode
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 06:02:01 pm »

It never hurts to mention which platform you're using.

But try this -- in grid mode, press the "t" key to see if the toolbar is on. It sounds like it's off.

picnic

Lightroom Compare Mode
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 06:07:48 pm »

It never hurts to mention which platform you're using.

But try this -- in grid mode, press the "t" key to see if the toolbar is on. It sounds like it's off.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149236\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ah, if they were there, then I bet that's exactly it---the tool bar is just hidden.

Diane

HickersonJasonC

Lightroom Compare Mode
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 06:34:21 pm »

That's it. Thanks to both of you. Still getting used to this mac . ..
Pages: [1]   Go Up