Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zeiss > Nikon F-mount  (Read 3222 times)

friml

• http://
Zeiss > Nikon F-mount
« on: October 26, 2007, 10:54:17 am »

im studying a BA in photography, and yesterday was speaking with a fellow student, and he was telling me that he uses his V-series zeiss glass on his 1dsmk2 because he says it gives him all round better quality images.  Im not sure what kind of Canon lenses hes using for caparison, but it got me thinking.

Currently im shooting a D2H, but since the D3 has landed, ill be picking up an old D2X soon enough [gimme a break, im a student!].  Ive got nice nikon glass [17-35, 28-70, 80-200 f/2.8's] , and a decent blad kit with 3 zeiss's.  obviously, just for convenience i wouldet want to shoot with the zeiss lenses on a D2X all the time, but when im shooting product / etc in the studio where versatility isn't an issue, do you think I would see a difference over my nikon zooms?

cheers for deciphering that terrible writting.

Rob C

Zeiss > Nikon F-mount
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 01:54:04 pm »

im studying a BA in photography, and yesterday was speaking with a fellow student, and he was telling me that he uses his V-series zeiss glass on his 1dsmk2 because he says it gives him all round better quality images.  Im not sure what kind of Canon lenses hes using for caparison, but it got me thinking.

Currently im shooting a D2H, but since the D3 has landed, ill be picking up an old D2X soon enough [gimme a break, im a student!].  Ive got nice nikon glass [17-35, 28-70, 80-200 f/2.8's] , and a decent blad kit with 3 zeiss's.  obviously, just for convenience i wouldet want to shoot with the zeiss lenses on a D2X all the time, but when im shooting product / etc in the studio where versatility isn't an issue, do you think I would see a difference over my nikon zooms?

cheers for deciphering that terrible writting.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148832\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

friml

In general, though some here will disagree, you will get better results from prime lenses. I have had a career in photography since about ยด60 and NEVER owned a zoom of any kind for any camera; there have been times when I wished I had one, but they have been few enough for me never to have felt really tempted!

Just one experience - as I indicated, others will say the opposite.

Rob C

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Zeiss > Nikon F-mount
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 06:46:50 pm »

im studying a BA in photography, and yesterday was speaking with a fellow  Ive got nice nikon glass [17-35, 28-70, 80-200 f/2.8's] , and a decent blad kit with 3 zeiss's.  obviously, just for convenience i wouldet want to shoot with the zeiss lenses on a D2X all the time, but when im shooting product / etc in the studio where versatility isn't an issue, do you think I would see a difference over my nikon zooms?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148832\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Probably not.

APS is a lot more gentle on lenses that FF.

Cheers,
Bernard

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Zeiss > Nikon F-mount
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 07:36:58 pm »

Currently im shooting a D2H, but since the D3 has landed, ill be picking up an old D2X soon enough [gimme a break, im a student!].  Ive got nice nikon glass [17-35, 28-70, 80-200 f/2.8's] ,
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You could check out [a href=\"http://www.srbfilm.co.uk/]http://www.srbfilm.co.uk/[/url] or skgrimes (google) or others may or may not make adapters

should be possible.

I think using some primes would proably be good

you could also trawl for some bargain nikons 50 1.2, 85/2 35/2 - they will have more of 'look' than the zooms

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK
Pages: [1]   Go Up