Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Firmware TR12-TR_06_00_00-8 is out  (Read 26225 times)

DotCom Editor

Z3100 Firmware TR12-TR_06_00_00-8 is out
« on: October 26, 2007, 10:49:33 am »

I Just downloaded the firmware update and will be installing it this afternoon. Just a heads up that it's now available.

As for the driver, the HP site is still showing the old May 2007 driver as the most recent, so there's nothing new to download there yet.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 06:33:31 pm by DotCom Editor »

Thomas Krüger

• http://thomaskrueger.eu
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 11:52:38 am »

The new firmware shows up at the spanish HP website, 365 Mb for the Windows version.

Doctor Noise

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 11:54:31 am »

I Just downloaded this and will be installing it this afternoon. Just a heads up that it's now available. The HP site is still showing the May 2007 driver as the most recent, however.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148830\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is a firmware upgrade for the printer, not a driver.  Two differnt things...

DotCom Editor

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 12:56:38 pm »

This is a firmware upgrade for the printer, not a driver.  Two differnt things...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148852\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, sure. What I was getting at was
1. The new v6 firmware is posted and available for download AND
2. The new driver is not yet available, so there's nothing new to download
Sorry I didn't explain myself more clearly!

I suspect we'll all have lots to talk about in the next few days

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 01:41:43 pm »

Well, sure. What I was getting at was
1. The new v6 firmware is posted and available for download AND
2. The new driver is not yet available, so there's nothing new to download
Sorry I didn't explain myself more clearly!

I suspect we'll all have lots to talk about in the next few days
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148860\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Does anyone know if a new driver is to be released or if this is just a FW only update?

I don't see any info on the changes included in the FW update, but I think that several of our beta testers have a good idea (based on a number of comments I've seen posted here).  Is there an unofficial description that anyone can share?

Thanks,

Mike

BTW Thanks for the post!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 01:42:18 pm by mcbroomf »

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 02:54:36 pm »

I would suggest waiting to install the new firmware until the entire suite of new software is available. Generally a new driver takes advantage of the new firmware capabilities. You may have some incompatibility issues with the old driver.

Just my two cents worth.
Jim
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 03:46:12 pm »

I Just downloaded this and will be installing it this afternoon. Just a heads up that it's now available. The HP site is still showing the May 2007 driver as the most recent, however.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148830\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just installed it and it seems to work. But I wonder why they never put a pdf in the zip with some information...?  What I found changed:

in the setup menu of the printer you now can choose for SKEW CHECK  Y/N

Paper advance calibration- it now  can be manually be adjusted

When adding an new paper there are more choices about the papertype ( wich changes the inkload and ohter parameters.

ciao Kers
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 07:16:09 am by kers »
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

rdonson

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 05:02:18 pm »

No new version for APS so I'm holding tight until I can figure out how the new firmware might impact that.
Regards,
Ron

SeanPuckett

• http://photi.ca/
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 05:33:36 pm »

I've installed it successfully -- no hiccups at all.  

I'm tracking changes I find on the wiki.  I'm leaving work soon, so probably won't be updating much past what there is now.  Hope others find more goodies!

http://z3100users.wikispaces.com/

rdonson

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 06:27:22 pm »

I've installed it successfully -- no hiccups at all. 

I'm tracking changes I find on the wiki.  I'm leaving work soon, so probably won't be updating much past what there is now.  Hope others find more goodies!

http://z3100users.wikispaces.com/
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I created a dedicated page to experiences, discoveries, etc. with the new firmware on the wiki [a href=\"http://z3100users.wikispaces.com/Firmware+Update+TR12-TR_06_00_00-8]here[/url]  its under Drivers and Firmware.

Please add your discoveries.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 06:28:46 pm by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron

scottam

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 07:47:16 pm »

I called HP with an issue regarding custom profiles not appearing on the printer. I downloaded the latest drivers v.3.31 and print utility v.2.8.0 instead of using those on the CD that came with the printer after reading about some issues with the older versions. Paul (their head trainer in the z3100 Mac area) said sometimes the newer drivers do not work perfectly with older firmware. The new version for the z3100ps gp TR12-TR12PS_6.0.0.7 was released an hour before my call. I downloaded and installed it and now the profiles go over to the printer no problem. The update takes a while. I'd allow 1.5 to 2 hours. The download on my high speed connection took 40 minutes.
I hope others are fortunate enough to reach this guy when they need support. He loves Macs and HP printers as much as some of my friends do their Harleys.

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 01:29:57 am »

I know that we should re-calibrate all papers, but I'm wondering about re-profiling?  With changes in paper presets, I'm assuming that old profiles will still be work the same, but new profiles may be a little better for certain papers.
-Ron H.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 02:20:50 am »

You don't need to recal all papers. This firmware isn't about colour separations, but about UI and media handling.

I did post the info on this firmware and new drivers elsewhere in a post, in the September firmware post I think.

Yes you should only use the new driver with this firmware. If the driver isn't available, I'd wait and install both before doing calibrations or profiles anew.

This applies more to Windows drivers than Mac. On the Mac side there were very few bugs, but that's normal isn't it?

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 02:41:14 am »

Thanks, Neil, I guess you just saved me some ink and paper.  For some reason, the control panel on the front of my printer showed I needed to recalibrate on the few papers I called up before I left for the day.  I'll check it out closer tomorrow, as well as see what APS says about calibration.
-Ron H.
-Ron H.

dhoelscher

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 08:40:35 am »

I installed firmware TR12-TR_06_00_00-7 on my Z3100ps GP.   I am using the PS and the PCL3 drivers installed from the August GP installer version 3.3.1 (as far as I know, the latest available).  I am using Mac OS X 10.4.10.

I am able to create custom papers in the printer using the printer utility as before, with the advantage of the now "built-in" media presets such as Fine Art Pearl Paper (less ink).  This allows more than one custom paper that uses the same *custom* media preset (impossible with previous firmware unless you used a built-in HP media preset, or just simply re-linearized the printer every time that you switched papers that shared a common media preset).

However, the problem that I'm having now is when it's time to print, I cannot select any of these wonderful custom papers that I so carefully created. ---- In the Mac OS print dialog, the custom papers are listed on the pop up "paper" menu under "custom", but the entries are "greyed out" and NOT selectable (the HP papers types remain completely selectable).

This makes it actually impossible to print with any defined custom / non-HP papers.

I had to downgrade to the TR_04 version just so I could print again.

Any ideas ????

DDH
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 09:13:13 am by dhoelscher »

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 12:41:40 pm »

In the Mac OS print dialog, the custom papers are listed on the pop up "paper" menu under "custom", but the entries are "greyed out" and NOT selectable (the HP papers types remain completely selectable).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149151\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
DDH-
I'm at home today and can't check my system for you, but it is the same as yours.  Have you tried looking elsewhere for the paper choices?  I noticed in my brief playing with the new firmware yesterday that my downloaded custom paper choices were still there, but that the new presets from HP were now grouped with the other papers.  Fine Art Pearl (more and less ink) are now listed under Fine Art instead of Custom, even though the old ones are still listed under Custom.  As best I recall, there were satin and semi-gloss papers that were also added under Photo paper.
-Ron H.
-Ron H.

dhoelscher

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 01:15:50 pm »

DDH-
 ... Have you tried looking elsewhere for the paper choices?  I noticed in my brief playing with the new firmware yesterday that my downloaded custom paper choices were still there, but that the new presets from HP were now grouped with the other papers.  Fine Art Pearl (more and less ink) are now listed under Fine Art instead of Custom, even though the old ones are still listed under Custom.  As best I recall, there were satin and semi-gloss papers that were also added under Photo paper.
-Ron H.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149176\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, Ron ...

Yes, I noticed that the old HP .OMS downloadable "new" media presets (like Fine Art Pearl Paper - less ink) are now grouped into their appropriate categories in the printer front control panel when you list paper types, or select a paper type to load.  However, they do NOT show up in the Mac OS print dialog (still shows the old stuff).

My problem is that MY new custom papers based on, for example, Fine Art Pearl Paper - less ink DO actually show up in the Mac OS print dialog under custom ... (and only with the PCL3 driver; with the PS driver there are NO custom papers even listed in grey!) ... (no, they are not elsewhere under the other paper types) BUT .....they are not selectable "greyed out" and therefore not usable.

Thanks for your assistance ... let me know if you can actually select NEW custom papers that you create after the new firmware was installed ... and how you got it to work ... thanks again!

DDH
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 02:15:45 pm by dhoelscher »

rdonson

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 08:33:49 am »

No new drivers yet, just the firmware.  Have I missed something?
Regards,
Ron

SeanPuckett

• http://photi.ca/
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 08:52:10 am »

Ron,

Am using new firmware with current Windows XP driver.  No problems to report.

rdonson

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 09:06:24 am »

Ron,

Am using new firmware with current Windows XP driver.  No problems to report.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149320\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's good to hear, Sean.  If I interpret the information others have reported HP didn't change any of their color mixing so profiles and APS should be fine as they are.  Do I understand this correctly?  If so, I'll be installing the new firmwave tonight.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up