Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 2200 with these fancy new papers  (Read 2265 times)

blowery

• http://www.blowery.org/
Epson 2200 with these fancy new papers
« on: October 24, 2007, 03:29:47 pm »

Does anyone have any experience using an Epson 2200 with these fancy new higher D-MAX papers, like the Epson Exhibition Fiber and the Harman papers? Do they work well without the newer inks? Can you find ICC profiles for them for a printer of this vintage?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 03:30:57 pm by blowery »

pminicucci

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 06:49:46 pm »

I just took shipment of some of the Harman paper. Printing on the 2200 using the canned profile is OK, not great. ImagePrint's color profile is terrific. Using this RIP produces killer color prints. Their (ImagePrint's) gray profile has some problems, with flat mids and a yellowish cast. Gloss differential issues are comparatively minor. Less, I'd say, than when using Luster.

I do not think that Epson's Exhibition FIber Fiber is out yet. A November release is what I'd read.

I'd definitely go the custom profile route with Harman's paper (worth it, fabulous paper). The only reason I have not yet is plans to upgrade my printer in the next several months.

Does anyone have any experience using an Epson 2200 with these fancy new higher D-MAX papers, like the Epson Exhibition Fiber and the Harman papers? Do they work well without the newer inks? Can you find ICC profiles for them for a printer of this vintage?

Thanks!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148448\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Best,
Pat

ScreamLordByron

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 09:04:04 pm »

I recently got a sample pack of the Harm FB AI to print using my 2200. So far I've only had time to make a few test prints, but I've been very happy so far. I've only printed black and white prints so far, some using the Epson driver, some using QTR. Both have given exceptions prints, with no observable gloss differential and very good DMAX. I don't have a densometer, so I can't measure the DMAX, but to the eye, it meets or exceedes PhotoRag Pearl and FAP. Despite its rather exorbitant price, I say this paper is a keeper.

Thanks!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148448\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mike Chini

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 09:16:24 pm »

I've tried a package of the Innova Warmtone Glossy on my 2200 and I think it is just amazing.  Way better than any luster or pearl papers I've tried in the past.  My only problems have been with regards to paper-handling.  I get minor roller scuffs which will go away if you gently 'help' the paper in and I do get the pizza wheel marks no matter what although they seem to disappear after the print dries and they're not on every image (increasing drying time also helps).  So, it looks like I'll be able to keep using my beloved 2200 a bit longer!

FYI, the Innova profiles are just ghastly on the 2200!

Oh yeah...one more thing.  I seem to be getting a much better range of color than on any other paper which I wasn't expecting.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 09:16:53 pm by Mike Chini »
Pages: [1]   Go Up