Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ask yaya...  (Read 8435 times)

BJNY

Ask yaya...
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 10:24:13 am »

Thank you, Clem.
Guillermo

tomholland

• http://www.tomhollandphoto.com
Ask yaya...
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 07:41:12 pm »

Any timeline on the release of the new camera. Will there be any pre-order specials and also when will the upgarde policy be announced for current aptus back holders.

Also will the initial release also include the release of the prism finder?

H1/A75 Guy

Ask yaya...
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 08:55:40 pm »

Any timeline on the release of the new camera. Will there be any pre-order specials and also when will the upgarde policy be announced for current aptus back holders.

Also will the initial release also include the release of the prism finder?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149447\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I went to the northern California opening debut for the Leaf AFi, today. It was well attended. Everyone got an opportunity for a hands-on shoot with an early productuion model AFi7. Evidently the Leaf is in 'full' production, now. The attached pic shows the model shooting the AFi7, with the photog's assistant as model, photog to the left, and others around the 'tethered' computer. The Afi7 felt very light and comfortable with 80mm lens. The focus was quick, accurate, and very rapid fire, with the same wonderful, sharp Leaf files that Leafers like. Some of the dis-information I can recall. There was no available promotional AFi pricing at this time. The Leaf sales team did meet last week and it does have a promotion that will be forthcoming and will last a few months. Offering to trade in other camera systems or 'old' backs is not on the table and will not be a part of any forthcoming AFi promotion. AFi's will be released to the public in December, perhaps January, at the latest. Leaf is currently still working on a 90 degree prism Finder, including a 45 degree Prism Finder. The AFi is the only camera offering with a single battery that will operate the entire camera from the grip alone. And it is the only camera that uses the same battery to power the camera from the grip and the back (for extra battery time), when needed. A histogram presentation in the battery grip LCD will be available in an upcoming firmware revision. The camera back fits solidly into the camera with 4 very effective guide-pins. Taking the back on and off is a very deliberate operation as the button requires fairly heavy pressure to press and slide forward. It is effective and will prevent inadvertant pressing and dropping of the back. It is significantly slower than revolving my current H1/A75 in it's Custom L- Bracket. Nice unit though. I want one! The Leaf representatives were very helpul and seemed very willing to allow serious customers use their demo units for field testing.

So, keeping in mind that 'those that know do not say', and 'those that say, do not know'. I should be off the hook for anything I just said!
David
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up