Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: digitar vs non digitar  (Read 2110 times)

rueyloon

• http://www.36frames.com
digitar vs non digitar
« on: October 22, 2007, 07:08:21 am »

hello

hi, I would really like to know about what are your experience with digitar vs non digitar lenses. (HR vs non HR applies too).

I just made my own adapter to mount my mamiya leaf back to my arca swiss 69. I have a 35mm digitar old version coming in but I have access to the 47mm XL and the 58mm XL lenses. I kinda cheated when I said I made my own adapter as I have the kapturegroup mamiya back adapter to the truewide. so I just made an adapter to mount that to my arca swiss.

ok, does it matter enough to only use digitar lenses ?

cheers

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
digitar vs non digitar
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 07:34:08 am »

hello

hi, I would really like to know about what are your experience with digitar vs non digitar lenses. (HR vs non HR applies too).

I just made my own adapter to mount my mamiya leaf back to my arca swiss 69. I have a 35mm digitar old version coming in but I have access to the 47mm XL and the 58mm XL lenses. I kinda cheated when I said I made my own adapter as I have the kapturegroup mamiya back adapter to the truewide. so I just made an adapter to mount that to my arca swiss.

ok, does it matter enough to only use digitar lenses ?

cheers
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147787\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

My experience is with the 47 dig and non Dig and longer non digitar lenses

I think it depends on what you are trying to do.

Basically to me non digitar lenses seem reasonable but not as good as digitar

UNTIL you start to challenge them with

outgrageous movements

or

trying to make massive files by stitching using the back standard or a sliding adapter (which is in effect an outrageous movement)

My experience was that the 47 non diditar totally fell apart on stitching two images together

After testing my conclusion was to purchase a 47 digitar and live with non digitars for longer focal lenghts

but this sort of photography for me is more of a hobby than a business

S
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 07:35:43 am by Morgan_Moore »
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK
Pages: [1]   Go Up