Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get me up to speed on Rollei  (Read 8197 times)

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
Get me up to speed on Rollei
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 07:36:38 pm »

Good news!
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 05:28:08 am »

Dear Yevgeny,

the p3 is certainly not the right tool for this. I remind about the existence of the Sinar f3 model, which is about half the price and half the weight of a p3.

Best regards,
Thierry

I am trying to find an excuse not to buy the expensive and heavy Sinar P3 .Yevgeny
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147972\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 05:29:39 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

ynp

• http://
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 04:12:35 pm »

Dear Thierry,

Thank you. I have tested the f3+e22 a year ago. It is indeed very light and well built. Then I was demoed a Sinar p3+eMotion solution with a CMV lens, very nice and clever.  F3 is a very good field camera and I thought a lot about buying it.
I have been shooting LF (Sinar Norma) and MF film for more than 20 years, for pleasure. And I want to use movements with my Sinar backs. I owned and still have access to a Rollei Xact-2 and used the camera with db20 and the Rollei slide-swing adapter for the Phase One 16 mpx. back; I had to focus on the tiny Ground Glass (with the loupe or 45 degree finder) and than put the back on the camera to find very often that the critical focus was lost. I tend to shoot tethered since and hate those small GGs. The f3 shown to me was with the sliding adapter as well. I asked my Sinar dealer whether it would be possible to use eMotion backs without sliding adapter directly on the rear standard and was told that it would not be possible.
Then I bought a Sinar-M with the AF module and AF lenses with an idea to use it as a sort of an automated and very modern Sinarcam, for my catalogue and copying work. It works for me very well and I like that the sensor is always covered with the shutter blades and clean . The optics is fabulous and is the reason to keep the M forever.
I was told that the only view camera I can use with my Sinar-M shutter is the p3.

IMO the p3 is too big for digital and still utilize the gears and bearers from LF cameras, very precise I was told, even for  modern digital backs. I think that there is no need (for me, others can have  different opinions) for so much of rise and fall, swing and other movements. In my experience, and I can be wrong, 10-12 mm of front movement and 5 degrees of tilt is more that enough. And the movements of the rear standard are needed very rare, I prefer my rear standard as vertical and rigid as possible. The greater movements create a lot of problems (falloff , CA etc), some can deal with all the problems in software, I cannot.  That is why I bought the ALPA-Rollei adapter and now I can use shift (no tilt) with longer 6008 lenses, a little bit of shift in my experience helps to get rid of unnecessary reflections on paintings.

I will welcome a new MODERN view camera from Sinar and it should be better integrated  with the new generation of backs and Hy6 and software. For now I will stay with my Sinar-M and Alpa cameras and very limited movements.

Sorry for a long post.
Yevgeny  

Dear Yevgeny,

the p3 is certainly not the right tool for this. I remind about the existence of the Sinar f3 model, which is about half the price and half the weight of a p3.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148059\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 04:22:41 pm by ynp »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up