Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eye One Display 2 with Eye-One match software  (Read 2777 times)

RogerW

• http://www.rogerwalton.co.uk
Eye One Display 2 with Eye-One match software
« on: October 21, 2007, 03:16:07 pm »

I'm sorry if I've put this in the wrong area.  But I guess, as the eye-one is mentioned in the printing videos, it should be OK.

After studying Camera-to-Print videos several times, I still don't know what, if anything, I'm doing wrong.

When calibrating my crt monitor all goes fine with the measure luminance and set contrast step.

When I get to the adjust brightness, I go from zero brightness through all the stages to 100% brightness without the indicator getting into the green zone at any stage.

My first thought was that this meant I couldn't achieve the brightness level I'd chosen (100 the crt default).  

However, if I continue with the process, the final screen shows my crt brightness to be in the order of 170!

Anyone know what's going on?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 03:19:42 pm by RogerW »

David Good

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 12:34:22 pm »

The Eye-One is an excellent colorimeter, how old is your monitor? Depending on the ambient light in your work environment 100 cd/m2 may be a little bright for monitor to print match anyway. What happens if you target 85 or 90? (6500 K,2.2). Of course, reset the monitor to it's factory default settings first.

RogerW

• http://www.rogerwalton.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 05:01:05 am »

The Eye-One is an excellent colorimeter, how old is your monitor? Depending on the ambient light in your work environment 100 cd/m2 may be a little bright for monitor to print match anyway. What happens if you target 85 or 90? (6500 K,2.2). Of course, reset the monitor to it's factory default settings first.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147869\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks for your reply.

The monitor is about 2 years old.  I've tried the other things you mentioned.

Yesterday I had another go and this time I just continued past the original brightness setting and adjusted the brightness later when I got to the individual colour settings.  With this technique I was able to get to the desired values for colour temperature and brightness so it looks as though this is going to be the way to go in future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up