Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DXO Optics Pro Re-install  (Read 8145 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

DXO Optics Pro Re-install
« on: October 20, 2007, 03:27:21 pm »

My PC crashed and I had to purchase a new one. I have a back up CD of DXO Optics Pro that I paid for. I can't reactivate because it asks for the Activation Code I received in an email. I did not write down, or misplaced the number (I bought it a year or so ago). The DXO web site is useless.
Any suggestions? I paid a very large amount of money for this with it's modules, and am frustrated.
I live in the USA.
Thanks
Dave Gurtcheff
Beach Haven, NJ

DarkPenguin

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 03:37:17 pm »

David White

• http://
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 03:42:03 pm »

If you go to Shop DxO and log in to your account, then select DxO Upgrade and Customer Account Center at the bottom of the page, it will give you your serial numbers and download links.
David White

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 10:28:34 am »

If you go to Shop DxO and log in to your account, then select DxO Upgrade and Customer Account Center at the bottom of the page, it will give you your serial numbers and download links.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147475\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks guys. I FOUND the activation code, and was sucessfull in re-installing. I hate activation/registering/passwords/etc. Sign of the times. I have all legitamate software, and hate keeping track of all this stuff. I have a two page list taped to my PC filled with passwords, codes, etc. If I lose this list, I'm screwed. I  even need a password to post to this site (I'm sure for good reason). If I travel to visit our kids and use their PCs, I cant' post to any of my favorite sites, nor get to any sites I pay for with  password protection, unless I travel with my two page list.
Sorry for the rant.
Dave G.
www.modernpictorials.com

DarkPenguin

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 11:51:21 am »

http://sourceforge.net/projects/keepass/

Put it on a usb thumb drive and keep your passwords in it.  Then just remember one nasty password.  This also allows you to use seriously nasty passwords with your banks and whatnot.  You can throw a lot of stuff in there.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 12:11:11 pm »

Thanks guys. I FOUND the activation code, and was sucessfull in re-installing. I hate activation/registering/passwords/etc. Sign of the times. I have all legitamate software, and hate keeping track of all this stuff. I have a two page list taped to my PC filled with passwords, codes, etc. If I lose this list, I'm screwed. [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147593\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ironically, it's always the honnest guys like you and I who end up being screwed...  

Companies like DxO produce good products, but they make them hard to purchase.

Cheers,
Bernard

Dennishh

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 01:04:46 pm »

I had the same thing happen just the other day with Qimage. For some reason they do not like the password I have written down and won't accept it. I tried fixing this, but after about two hours of e-mails they now want me to pay $7.00 to find out how to unlock a product I own. That is pure financial desperation on their part. I will not do this just for the principle of it. I told them to talk a walk and will just use lightroom.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 01:22:03 pm »

The Qimage guy sent out an email saying that they rotate passwords.  If you buy stuff online you have to save all the information.

This is the text of the message they sent.  If you have junk filters on I'd look around for it.

Dear Qimage User,

We have changed the password that is used each time you download a
new version of Qimage.  We change the download password every 6
months at a minimum or sooner if the need arises.   

Your unlock code HAS NOT CHANGED: only the password used to
download the installation file.  To receive the updated password, please
reply to this email and include the *old* download password in the body of
the email.  As long as you include the old download password in the body
of your email, you should receive an automated reply within a few minutes
that contains the new download password. 

Note that you will receive no response if you do not type the old password
correctly in the email body. 

Regards,
Mike

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 01:39:30 pm »

http://sourceforge.net/projects/keepass/

Put it on a usb thumb drive and keep your passwords in it.  Then just remember one nasty password.  This also allows you to use seriously nasty passwords with your banks and whatnot.  You can throw a lot of stuff in there.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147613\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
DarkPenguin:
GREAT idea about putting this stuff on a thumb drive, and taking this with me on trips    .
Thanks for the tip.
Dave

DarkPenguin

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 10:39:19 pm »

DarkPenguin:
GREAT idea about putting this stuff on a thumb drive, and taking this with me on trips    .
Thanks for the tip.
Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147638\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It really is the only way to go.  But do make sure you encrypt it.  Somewhere out there there is a sandisk cruiser mini 128mb with my resume on it.

If you have stuff you shuttle between a couple of computers there is another program called TrueCrypt (also available through source forge) that you can use to basically encrypt a flash drive.  Or any other drive.  It is pretty cool.  I haven't used it much but I've a friend that swears by it.

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 09:09:30 am »

It really is the only way to go.  But do make sure you encrypt it.  Somewhere out there there is a sandisk cruiser mini 128mb with my resume on it.

If you have stuff you shuttle between a couple of computers there is another program called TrueCrypt (also available through source forge) that you can use to basically encrypt a flash drive.  Or any other drive.  It is pretty cool.  I haven't used it much but I've a friend that swears by it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147721\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I took your advise and downloaded the free encryption program, loaded all my passwords in it, and copied to my thumb drive. I brought the thumb drive to my Notebook, and sure enough I could get all my passwords for my Notebook, which I take with me when I travel. I did have to redown load and install the key code program on my Notebook, which was no big deal. Possibly it would be possible to install the zipped version of key code onto the thumb drive, so if I use another PC I could install it then get my pass words?
Thanks again, for a great solution to my problem.
Dave G.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 09:13:00 am »

I think you can just copy the keepass program directory onto the thumb drive.  Then just run the .exe.

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 09:47:35 am »

I think you can just copy the keepass program directory onto the thumb drive.  Then just run the .exe.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147806\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks again
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up