Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Great Z3100 Cartirdge Swap  (Read 2048 times)

jhein

The Great Z3100 Cartirdge Swap
« on: October 19, 2007, 01:23:05 pm »

I'm a low volume user on the Z3100.  It may sit a few weeks between printings.  I am slowly using up my initial 69ml cartridges and I need to buy new ones.  As most of you know the price break for a twin pack over individual packs is pretty good.  I buy my supplies from www.costcentral.com.  Using yellow as an example: a single cart goes for $62.78.  A twin pack goes for $94.44.  That is a $15.83 per cart savings!  Multiply that by 12 and now we are talking some real savings.

I have bought the Gray, Light Gray and Yellow twin packs so far.  At my current usage rate I will need another color long before I will need to the colors I just bought.  

So if there any other light volume users who would like to trade carts with me, please PM me.  The cost to ship a new cart in a padded envelope using 1st Class mail in the US is about $2.20.  

thanks
Jim

casterle

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 02:03:22 pm »

So if there any other light volume users who would like to trade carts with me, please PM me.  The cost to ship a new cart in a padded envelope using 1st Class mail in the US is about $2.20. 

I'm in the same low volume situation as you. This sounds like a great idea to me, although I haven't run out of any of my initial ink cartridges yet.

If it's OK with Ron, I wonder if we might set up a page on his Z3100 wiki where people list what they've got to swap?

jhein

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 06:04:16 pm »

I'm in the same low volume situation as you. This sounds like a great idea to me, although I haven't run out of any of my initial ink cartridges yet.

If it's OK with Ron, I wonder if we might set up a page on his Z3100 wiki where people list what they've got to swap?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147239\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmmm... The wiki could be a great place to have a community ink swap board. People  could post what carts they have to trade and what carts they are looking for.

Jim

rdonson

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 11:23:33 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147239\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think its a pretty good idea.  I like the swap aspect of this rather than turning the z3100 wiki into another form of eBay.  

My only real question is the matter of trust on the swap.  I'm hoping that we don't run into fraud or dishonest people.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up