Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon's New Paper  (Read 1712 times)

David White

• http://
Canon's New Paper
« on: October 19, 2007, 12:33:39 pm »

Canon has announced a new paper:

New Canon Polished Rag
The new Canon Polished Rag media – ideal for digital artists and fine art photography – complements the Company’s growing line of imagePROGRAF 12-color large format printers.  At 300gsm/15mil, the Polished Rag is a thick media providing the look and feel of traditional fiber-based photo paper for the fine art market.  The gloss finish and 90 percent brightness give the media an excellent display quality, while the significant weight and texture gives fine art prints a high-quality look and feel.  The Polished Rag is available in 8.5 x11,inches, 13 x19 inches and 17 x22 inches cut sheet as well as rolls in widths of 17, 24, 44, and 50 inches.

Perhaps I am being over-optimistic or naive, but I’m wondering how Canon will handle this paper since it comes in both cut sheets and rolls.  Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss seems to be the recommendation from manufacturers for third-party papers of this type.  It may seem reasonable that Canon would modify the Media Configuration tool to allow Photo-Paper Plus Semi-Gloss to be fed from the roll feeder in addition to the tray and cassette.  This would certainly solve my only remaining problem with the IPF series since I wouldn’t be limited by having to use Special 5 for printing on these types of papers.
David White

John Hollenberg

Canon's New Paper
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 02:56:29 pm »

Perhaps I am being over-optimistic or naive, but I’m wondering how Canon will handle this paper since it comes in both cut sheets and rolls. 

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147221\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I agree that unlocking the Media Types or giving us a tool to create Media Types that are identical to Canon Media Types but not locked is the one significant issue remaining for these printers.  No word from Canon.

--John

TylerB

• my photography
Canon's New Paper
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 07:02:58 pm »

Few companies make paper, I would be very surprised if this is anything other than a paper we're already using, rebranded, possibly altered a touch.
Tyler
Pages: [1]   Go Up