Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Mamiya ZD camera Kit in Stock @ B&H  (Read 12571 times)

Snook

Mamiya ZD camera Kit in Stock @ B&H
« on: October 19, 2007, 09:21:55 am »

Just saw it in today..
First time B&H has had the kit in stock...
Let's see how long they last..:+}
Snook

david o

• http://www.davidolivier.net
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 09:23:52 am »

Just saw it in today..
First time B&H has had the kit in stock...
Let's see how long they last..:+}
Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147157\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

is it the "update" version of the back if you can tell for any reason

Snook

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 09:34:46 am »

What is the updated version??? AS far as I know there are no updates, but could be wrong!

david o

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 09:43:38 am »

I could be wrong but I think that I read here that mamiya was suppose to fix the worm pb and those back were suppose to be ship in October... that is what I call the update...

Snook

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 10:30:38 am »

Sorry did me anything wrong with your wording.. I have not seen anything that mamiya even admitted to any problems? Been keeping my on eye on the ZD and the progress. I am going most likely with a Leaf aptus 22, But seeing how supposedly they use the same chip I was wondering what it would be like with out the Purple blobs and High Noise! And saving 6-7K$ No, just kidding they are 2 different backs besides the Dalsa Chip....:+}
Hopefully they get it worked out, but I guess as soon as some more shipments are made and more people here in the US get their hands on them we will have more reviews, Because so far it has been dismal to say the least. I have seen VERY little in the post that have been posted here. The majority were problem threads.
And I have yet to see any fashion stuff with the ZD which is my forte.
Skin tones are important to me of course not high asa. I never shoot above 100 asa.
I guess we'll see.
Snook

david o

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 10:42:42 am »

again I think I read something about fix in the forum...

John_Black

• http://www.pebbleplace.com
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 03:27:41 pm »

I ordered one this morning, but now B&H shows "new item" & backordered.  If I get a UPS tracking number tonight, then I'll know.  If no tracking email, then a quick call Sunday should confirm what I already expect.  

If one shows up next week, the first test will be for the purple blobs.  Supposedly if was a defect in the manufacturing process (report on Doorhof's blog) and has been corrected.  Do you accept that as fact or not???  That's why I purchased from B&H since their return policy is easy to work with.

jimgolden

• http://
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 03:43:46 pm »

not for long - w/ all the photoplus traffic...

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 06:55:10 pm »

I ordered one this morning, but now B&H shows "new item" & backordered.  If I get a UPS tracking number tonight, then I'll know.  If no tracking email, then a quick call Sunday should confirm what I already expect. 

If one shows up next week, the first test will be for the purple blobs.  Supposedly if was a defect in the manufacturing process (report on Doorhof's blog) and has been corrected.  Do you accept that as fact or not???  That's why I purchased from B&H since their return policy is easy to work with.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147255\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi
What I heard here in Sydney from L&P ( agent) that there was  a problem ( electronic) in the back. They have solved this now & it wasn't the sensor.  The best thing you can do is ask them at the MAC stand at the NYC show. What I would really like to know is when is LR going to be tethered for the ZD. If this happens I think LR will go tethered for others as well ( my wish). I am taking my ZD camera into L&P next week for a firm ware upgrade. They have the equipment now to do it in Sydney.
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 07:18:15 pm »

Apparently in stock at Vistek in Toronto

http://www.vistek.ca/details/details.aspx?...=ProPhotoMamiya

Not clear if the optional low pass filter is included or not.

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 08:13:46 pm »

Apparently in stock at Vistek in Toronto

http://www.vistek.ca/details/details.aspx?...=ProPhotoMamiya

Not clear if the optional low pass filter is included or not.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147296\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i have just been in singapore- there must have been 3 shops  i saw  that had the zd camera  in stock.

they were over 20,000 singapore dollars, not sure what that is, but its a lot more than the US price.

paul
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau

John_Black

• http://www.pebbleplace.com
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 09:21:48 pm »

It seems Canadian stores have them in stock, but the U.S. stores don't.  I'm not sure as to why.  MAC group is probably sick of my emails - I ping them every month asking when & where the kits will be available.  

I'm in Dallas, TX so swinging by New York to buy the guys at Photo Plus would be an expensive afternoon   Probably a very fun afternoon though.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 09:22:54 pm by John_Black »

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 10:03:31 am »

I have not seen anything that mamiya even admitted to any problems? Been keeping my on eye on the ZD and the progress. I am going most likely with a Leaf aptus 22, But seeing how supposedly they use the same chip I was wondering what it would be like with out the Purple blobs and High Noise! And saving 6-7K$ No, just kidding they are 2 different backs besides the Dalsa Chip....:+}
Hopefully they get it worked out, but I guess as soon as some more shipments are made and more people here in the US get their hands on them we will have more reviews, Because so far it has been dismal to say the least. I have seen VERY little in the post that have been posted here. The majority were problem threads.
And I have yet to see any fashion stuff with the ZD which is my forte.
Skin tones are important to me of course not high asa. I never shoot above 100 asa.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Snook,

Do you actually read what people with ZD back and ZD camera writes of info here on LL?????

Check back on this thread:  [a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20079]http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=20079[/url]. It is one you contributed to and asked about model shots. I posted some but have heard nil from you on it. Those were natural low light shots. With studio lighting I am sure it will rock! Bob Croslin also stated there to you and others that Mamiya had received a new shipment with updated firmware of ZD back in USA  

Do a thorough search on ZD on LL and you will find plenty to read and from USERS of ZD back and ZD camera. One of my posts from a few months back was LONG list of ZD reviews I had found internationally.  

Granted the ZD back is rather new but there is plenty on ZD camera. The ZD back and camera are same, except that the ZD back now seem to have a newer firm ware, as was pointed out to you already by Bob Croslin in the post I linked above.

Anyone, just do thorough search because much info is already at hands  

I am not the only with ZD that am frank getting tired of posting due to the lack of respect and people not reading and instead writing of what they plain not know about. Read the threads Snook. Most posts being problem related is a plain lie. As I am sure anyone see by SEARCHING and READING there are many people who have written well of the ZD, even ones such as Frank Doorhof and myself who have experienced problems. Yet, still with that... we keep writing well of it. Hm... must be a reason we do so...

Regards
Anders

Snook

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 12:36:36 pm »

Anders quit jumping in on my Zd post and questions, Please.
Thanks.
Your post and the post I have seen of some trees and some 1-2 years images of the first ZD are not convincing. Contrary they are quite horrible in all aspects.
And I am looking for High end fashion shooters. Not to knock any posts but I have not seen ANY fashion shots are even people portraits for that matter.
So although I am sure you are trying to be helpful, It is not the answer I am looking for. OK?
Do not want to argue with you, But in my opinion I have not seen any good shot's (Portrait/Fashion) wise from anybody anywhere on the net. Frank Door posted a couple only and they were to show the purple blobs he was experiencing.
So I state again that we are not talking the same language.
I have read every review, every post there is for the ZD. Yes I have searched etc.... Been in forums for MANY years now and know how to search out what I am trying to find. So thanks for your help...  
I guess now they are getting some shipments in here and there we'll see what starts to pop up.
Seems like all the european guys are silent.
You also and others stated how MANY have been shipped and sold through B&H and other stores for a while, Well that is and was not true as they got 1-2 shipments in with a 1/2 dozen units.
Now the shipments should start rolling in and we'll get some Better reviews, I hope.
In any case I am quite aware that you Love your ZD camera and more power to you, But I am wanting to hear more about the ZD -BACK,not camera, and want to see some more FASHION/PORTRAIT pictures.... Clear?
Thanks
Snook

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 06:56:07 pm »

Here is one on ebay, forget the picture as it is the ZD camera.http://cgi.ebay.com/Mamiya-645AF-II-WITH-80MM-LENS-AND-ZD-BACK-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ150173805396QQihZ005QQcategoryZ3352QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZVie
wItem

I have compared the ZD camera to the Aptus 22 & at iso 50 there isn't much difference. I use RD for the ZD which produces a clean file. With the Aptus there are presets that the ZD doesn't. You will have to make them yourself (ZD). In the studio the buffer of only 11 frames  is why I rent the Aptus 22. However for personal work outside I prefer the ZD camera due to size & it turns on in about a second. I have shot portraits with the ZD and the quality is excellent. As I said before my ZD camera will be getting a firmware upgrade for the first time. When it comes to problems just about every company has had them.
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 08:43:46 pm »

Anders quit jumping in on my Zd post and questions, Please.
Thanks.
Your post and the post I have seen of some trees and some 1-2 years images of the first ZD are not convincing. Contrary they are quite horrible in all aspects.
And I am looking for High end fashion shooters. Not to knock any posts but I have not seen ANY fashion shots are even people portraits for that matter.
So although I am sure you are trying to be helpful, It is not the answer I am looking for. OK?
Do not want to argue with you, But in my opinion I have not seen any good shot's (Portrait/Fashion) wise from anybody anywhere on the net. Frank Door posted a couple only and they were to show the purple blobs he was experiencing.
So I state again that we are not talking the same language.
I have read every review, every post there is for the ZD. Yes I have searched etc.... Been in forums for MANY years now and know how to search out what I am trying to find. So thanks for your help...  
I guess now they are getting some shipments in here and there we'll see what starts to pop up.
Seems like all the european guys are silent.
You also and others stated how MANY have been shipped and sold through B&H and other stores for a while, Well that is and was not true as they got 1-2 shipments in with a 1/2 dozen units.
Now the shipments should start rolling in and we'll get some Better reviews, I hope.
In any case I am quite aware that you Love your ZD camera and more power to you, But I am wanting to hear more about the ZD -BACK,not camera, and want to see some more FASHION/PORTRAIT pictures.... Clear?
Thanks
Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147425\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Snook,

No offense, not mean jumping on your posts. Same time I obeserved that some did not match what others with ZD and fact info of ZD already have posted.

If you are serious, then why not buy the ZD back at B&H? If you do not like it after, it is very easy to return it to them and get your money back (that is B&H way right?). I honest and very sincerely think it would be interesting to see some of your shoots with it posted and to hear of your experience with it.

I am sure you seen what Frank D posted on his site on fashion/portrait pictures...
As far as image quality the ZD back and camera are same, save for what latest firmware on back may have improved it over the camera.

Rgds
Anders
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 08:58:46 pm by Anders_HK »

Snook

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 09:17:48 pm »

Non taken...:+}
In any case I have stated that where I live it is not so easy just to return it.. It is a little more complicated than that as I have to pay custom taxes etc... And sending back is expensive and takes a while.
That is my whole problem even though I have narrowed it down to the Aptus 22 pretty much or a P25/p30?
I was just interested to see what comes of the ZD and I read somewhere it has the same chips as the Aptus 22. I think I would go crazy with 11 frames and then have to wait. I have gotten spoiled with the CAnon 1DsMII. Started out with film on 6X7 and nothing could be slower than that except 4x5 and larger..:+]
I appreciate your input on the ZD you have been very helpful to many I am sure, Just I have not really seen anything that made me even give it much of a chance.
If they fix the supposed tethered problems and purple blobs I think for the money it is a great deal.
Thanks
Snook

margelatu

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2007, 10:36:28 pm »

The stores in Canada?
You mean the only store that carries it, Vistek and their price is 8999 with the current dollar rate it should me 6500. What a rip-off...
They claim that have it in stock for like 4 months now

bcroslin

• http://www.bobcroslin.com
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 12:09:31 am »

Here's what I know from my first shoot with my new replacement ZD back that MAC shipped me last week.

Purple blobs are gone but I still would not shoot the back over ISO 200. IMO Mamiya ought to make ISO 400 go away.

Buffer has been a pleasant surprise and doesn't seem to be an issue but then again I don't hammer away at the shutter.

I was having issues with lockups with my first back and that seems to be fixed as well. Mamiya told me that there was indeed a hardware fix as well as a bunch of firmware tweaking.

I have a long shoot Monday that should be a great test of whether the back is up to the task. I'll try and make a frame that I can post here. I'm also going to see if I can get tethered shooting up nd running with the Mamiya software and lightroom.

Snook - why not contact Steve Hendrix at PPR and see if he can set you up with a ZD demo? He's also a Leaf dealer (and a heck of a nice guy) so if you don't like the ZD I'm sure he'd be happy to sell you an Aptus 22.
Bob Croslin, Photographer
[url=http://ww

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2007, 01:55:51 am »

Purple blobs are gone but I still would not shoot the back over ISO 200. IMO Mamiya ought to make ISO 400 go away.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147537\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Bob,

It will be interesting to hear more of your experience with your ZD back   . In your mentioning of not over ISO200, do you refer to in also low light with dark areas in photo? In that case it would show perhaps firmware improvement over ZD camera at moment. For ZD camera I am cautious of using even ISO160. Granted ISO400 is noisy.

Rgds
Anders
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up