Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrades for current Leaf customers????????  (Read 22952 times)

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
Upgrades for current Leaf customers????????
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2008, 05:55:22 pm »

Well, in fair defense of Leaf service I have to state that I received nothing but first class attention when I had problem with my back. The FireWire port on my A75S got loose and it was replaced and Fedex to me at Leaf expanse in matter of 8 hour. The back was out of hands for less than 36 hours including shipping both ways and this is very impressive. The attention that I get from Leaf America is outstanding. Rick Adshead is always there whenever I have any technical concern with any Leaf product and will not stop until we will find satisfactory solution.

Yair, you know very well that I am one very happy customer and a loyal Leaf user. I tried all digital backs in the past and I believe that Leaf produces the best files. I have experienced none of the problems mention by others here. I prise Leaf on everything they rightly deserve and that include LCII and I am very verbal about it. My complain here has nothing to do with the product quality.
I strongly believe that current A75S users (which started shipping just a few months ago) should be allowed platform change if Leaf wants us to switch to their camera. Current offer is a slap in a face as compared to Sinar offerings.
Andre

H1/A75 Guy

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2008, 07:48:36 pm »

Deleted, Repeated question..
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 07:53:24 pm by H1/A75 Guy »

H1/A75 Guy

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2008, 07:52:30 pm »

Deleted, I must be loosing my touch..
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 08:05:02 pm by H1/A75 Guy »

H1/A75 Guy

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2008, 08:04:20 pm »

Yair,

If you would, can you please confirm or deny that an 80mm lens ships standard with the AFi7 and is included in the $35,995 (MAT) price?

Thanks,
David

yaya

« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2008, 01:55:04 am »

Well, in fair defense of Leaf service I have to state that I received nothing but first class attention when I had problem with my back. The FireWire port on my A75S got loose and it was replaced and Fedex to me at Leaf expanse in matter of 8 hour. The back was out of hands for less than 36 hours including shipping both ways and this is very impressive. The attention that I get from Leaf America is outstanding. Rick Adshead is always there whenever I have any technical concern with any Leaf product and will not stop until we will find satisfactory solution.

Yair, you know very well that I am one very happy customer and a loyal Leaf user. I tried all digital backs in the past and I believe that Leaf produces the best files. I have experienced none of the problems mention by others here. I prise Leaf on everything they rightly deserve and that include LCII and I am very verbal about it. My complain here has nothing to do with the product quality.
I strongly believe that current A75S users (which started shipping just a few months ago) should be allowed platform change if Leaf wants us to switch to their camera. Current offer is a slap in a face as compared to Sinar offerings.
Andre
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167416\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Andre of course you are allowed a platform change, but nobody "wants" you to switch to our camera. I mean it would be great if you do but you are not forced into it.
You have to understand that the back that is mounted on the AFi body is being developed specifically for this platform and is not just an S in a new dress, which is why we cannot just swap the backs should you choose to buy into the AFi system.
I do not know what Sinar has to offer to A75S users but I doubt it'll be a better deal than ours.

@ David, as far as I know there is no lens included in the basic package.

@ John, I believe you have an email waiting for you, inviting you for a tour of the Leaf HQ in Israel.

Yair

AndreNapier

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2008, 10:11:49 am »

"...Current offer is a slap in a face as compared to Sinar offerings."
Andre

I do not know what Sinar has to offer to A75S users but I doubt it'll be a better deal than ours.

Yair
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yair, You either did not get what I meant to say or you just being .... not funny here. I certainly hope it is the first one.
Of course Sinar does not have any offerings for A75s users, but they certainly have a heck of a better deal than Leaf for their loyal customers. The fact that you can get a an adapter for few hundred bucks versus 20K+ swap says a lot. Would you please tell me what are the improvements that Leaf made to AFI backs as compared to A75s. Would you also elaborate why Sinar could offer an adapter but it was not technically possible for Leaf. I think that straight answers to this questions are crucial if you do not want to make a prophecy of your own words:

"Andre of course you are allowed a platform change, but nobody "wants" you to switch to our camera. "
[a href=\"http://AndreNapier.com]http://AndreNapier.com[/url]

AndreNapier

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2008, 02:02:35 pm »

Yair,
I have reread your post and my reply. It took me a while but I got your point now.
Sorry for misunderstanding it originally. I guess, disregard my previous post.
Every company has full rights to decide their business strategies. If it is not an intention of Leaf to have current A75S owners to switch from H1/H2 to AFI than Leaf is absolutely entitled to that.
I am puzzled by that as I thought that it would help to have the camera visible in hands of real users but who am I to question it.
Http://AndreNapier

H1/A75 Guy

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2008, 06:22:31 pm »

Yair,
I have reread your post and my reply. It took me a while but I got your point now.
Sorry for misunderstanding it originally.
Http://AndreNapier
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167602\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It sounds like all is well that ends well for Leaf. Yair and Andre helped the LL community figure out Leaf's 'Game plan'. I have an understanding of what is included in the AFi kit. John gets a tour of Leaf's facility in Israel and maybe to the top of the mountain for some wine (or a stiff drink). I can't see an auto dealer letting someone swap 5 or 6 vehicles so it's hard to blame Mike Edwards for laying low. Sounds like Leaf was pretty cool to swap 5 or 6 backs. And, in the end, if an AFi is $2,500 more than an Hy6, that's probably a small price to keep those fine LC-11 updates coming.

David
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 06:36:36 pm by H1/A75 Guy »

pixjohn

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2008, 07:58:05 pm »

Your kidding me right? If you test drove a high performance car and loved the feel and look of the car then purchased the same car but it would only turn left would you be happy. I don't know about you but I am not happy with Centerfold lines, magenta highlights and a software that does not fix any of the issues without jumping through hoops. Next time I will skip the performance car and just  buy a yugo. If Leaf wanted to spend the time, they could fix what they promised to deliver. I feel like I am dealing with a used car lot.  All I want is software to fix the issue, very simple solution to make a crying man happy.

John gets a tour of Leaf's facility in Israel and maybe to the top of the mountain for some wine (or a stiff drink). I can't see an auto dealer letting someone swap 5 or 6 vehicles so it's hard to blame Mike Edwards for laying low. Sounds like Leaf was pretty cool to swap 5 or 6 backs. And, in the end, if an AFi is $2,500 more than an Hy6, that's probably a small price to keep those fine LC-11 updates coming.

David
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167664\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 11:08:49 pm by pixjohn »

H1/A75 Guy

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2008, 08:34:02 pm »

Enjoy your time in Israel, guy   !

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2008, 04:52:28 am »

Andre of course you are allowed a platform change, but nobody "wants" you to switch to our camera. I mean it would be great if you do but you are not forced into it.
You have to understand that the back that is mounted on the AFi body is being developed specifically for this platform and is not just an S in a new dress, which is why we cannot just swap the backs should you choose to buy into the AFi system.

@ David, as far as I know there is no lens included in the basic package.

@ John, I believe you have an email waiting for you, inviting you for a tour of the Leaf HQ in Israel.

Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167473\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yair,
What has been added to the backs on the afi?
Does the 90 degree prism exist now or just around the corner?

Kevin.
Kevin.

yaya

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2008, 05:55:13 am »

Yair,
What has been added to the backs on the afi?
Does the 90 degree prism exist now or just around the corner?

Kevin.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167753\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Kevin hi,

Allot of work has been put into clever power management so one battery can be utilised with automatic switching between portable and tethered modes. One example is if you shoot tethered into a laptop that runs out of battery, the camera will automatically start using the battery in the grip and so on.
There are numerous other features that will be implemented into the AFi in the near future through firmware updates that won't be available for the other models: camera firmware update through the firewire cable being one of them.

The 90º is 2-3 months away however there is a 45º prism that is already shipping.

Yair

yaya

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2008, 05:58:41 am »

Your kidding me right? If you test drove a high performance car and loved the feel and look of the car then purchased the same car but it would only turn left would you be happy. I don't know about you but I am not happy with Centerfold lines, magenta highlights and a software that does not fix any of the issues without jumping through hoops. Next time I will skip the performance car and just  buy a yugo. If Leaf wanted to spend the time, they could fix what they promised to deliver. I feel like I am dealing with a used car lot.  All I want is software to fix the issue, very simple solution to make a crying man happy.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167680\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

John did you get the invite sent to you by email? I believe that a visit to the factory can give you a better understanding of the development process but moreover you will have an opportunity to share your feedback face-to-face with the people behind the product.

Let me know if you haven't received it yet.

thanks

Yair

Rune Werner Molnes

• http://www.runemolnes.com
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2008, 12:35:09 pm »

Yair,

Do you have any approximate date for when the Afi back will start using the RGB-data from the cameras external WB sensor?

When will this firmware update be available? And how do PC users update to this new firmware when it has to be done through Leaf Capture software, which won't work in a windows environment?

And finally, when will there be a rotating adaptor for the Leaf AFi?

Thanks,

Rune W. Molnes

yaya

« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2008, 01:28:18 pm »

Yair,

Do you have any approximate date for when the Afi back will start using the RGB-data from the cameras external WB sensor?

When will this firmware update be available? And how do PC users update to this new firmware when it has to be done through Leaf Capture software, which won't work in a windows environment?

And finally, when will there be a rotating adaptor for the Leaf AFi?

Thanks,

Rune W. Molnes
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167806\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello Rune,

WB sensor: At the moment the RGB data is still not being transmitted by the camera. Once it does, it should not take us too long to record and to use this information. At this point I do not have a timeframe for this.

PC users: as previously discussed on this board the PC version of LC11 is coming along, slowly but surely and we are not far from having it as a public beta. Once it is released it will have the same feature-set and functionality as the Mac version, including anything related to the AFi.

We are working on a rotating solution that I believe to be announced later this year, again I cannot draw any specific timeframe as yet.

I hope this helps

Yair

pixjohn

« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2008, 04:01:47 pm »

Hi Yaya, I did get the email. I am looking more for anwsers then just a visit. I would be happy to see what Leaf is working on, and bring my Aptus 75 to test.

John did you get the invite sent to you by email? I believe that a visit to the factory can give you a better understanding of the development process but moreover you will have an opportunity to share your feedback face-to-face with the people behind the product.

Let me know if you haven't received it yet.

thanks

Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167760\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up