Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrades for current Leaf customers????????  (Read 22949 times)

samuel_js

Upgrades for current Leaf customers????????
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 05:05:41 pm »

Nice shot, Paul, but I still don't like the H glass.

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147247\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What exactly that you don't like?

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 05:17:43 pm »

What exactly that you don't like?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147274\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Some guys know how to make it work, but in all the test shots I have taken I got very harsh skin texture.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2007, 07:16:17 pm »

Deleted.

I deleted my post as I realize it has nothing to do with the topic on hand. Sorry for being impulsive.
Andre
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 08:29:23 pm by AndreNapier »

TechTalk

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2007, 09:49:24 pm »

Some guys know how to make it work, but in all the test shots I have taken I got very harsh skin texture.

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147275\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you feel the lens is too sharp, it's fairly easy to make images softer.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

H1/A75 Guy

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2007, 10:07:00 pm »

Deleted.
I deleted my post.

Andre
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147295\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ok, back to the topic at hand. When I get to the AFi debut in Northern California on the afternoon of the 29th I'll sign you up as a seminar attendee and put the grab on any coupons for the special event pricing for you. How many of these things do you want  ?

David

H1/A75 Guy

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2007, 06:25:12 pm »

Ok, so it's not a sign-in event and there are no coupons, not even an AFi bundled door prize. The "Event Offering " should last about 3 months. Evidently the west coast Leaf Rep should be getting his demo unit this week. Looks like the New York show had no news but a look-see. I'll let you know what the offering is on the 29th, if we haven't all heard it long before then.

David

tomholland

• http://www.tomhollandphoto.com
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 10:25:27 pm »

Well I am currently pondering an upgrade path myself. I currently own an aptus 22 (6 months old) and a 555 eld with four lenses.

I keep getting editorial assignments where I require auto-focus plus on-camera-flash. I was considering getting a second camera (5d). But have decided to re-invest and a get a camera system that can manage all of my assignments.

My leaf dealer wants to charge me A$10,000.00 to upgrade my near new aptus 22 to an afi 54s. And then to purchase a leaf afi with a 50 and 80 lens, I am looking at an additional of A$20,000 to upgrade my system (A$30,000. total). This is also two lenses short of my current arsenal of lenses (40mm, 50mm, 80mm, 150mm).

On the other-hand instead of paying $10,000 to upgrade my near new digital back, I could receive A10,000.00 from Hasselblad on a trade in, and buy a camera with competitively priced lenses.

I am very happy with the files I get, but saving $15,000 by jumping ship is sounding attractive. I really wish leaf had more attractive upgrade paths, or I wouldn't have to even consider.

Hasselblad also offers A$20,000 trade-in for Hasselblad backs. Where Leaf charges users to upgrade their existing backs making future upgrades sounding much less painful.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 08:24:27 am by tomholland »

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2007, 03:20:54 am »

Well I am currently pondering an upgrade path myself. I currently own an aptus 22 (6 months old) a 555 eld with four lenses.

I keep getting editorial assignments where I require auto-focus plus on-camera-flash. I was considering getting a second camera (5d). But have decided to re-invest and a get a camera system that can manage all of my assignments.

My leaf dealer wants to charge me A$10,000.00 to upgrade my near new aptus 22 to an afi 54s. And then to purchase a leaf afi with a 50 and 80 lens, I am looking at an additional of A$20,000 to upgrade my system (A$30,000. total). This is also two lenses short of my current arsenal of lenses (40mm, 50mm, 80mm, 150mm).

On the other-hand instead of paying $10,000 to upgrade my near new digital back, I could receive A10,000.00 from Hasselblad on a trade in, and buy a camera with competitively priced lenses.

I am very happy with the files I get, but saving $15,000 by jumping ship is sounding attractive. I really wish leaf had more attractive upgrade paths, or I wouldn't have to even consider.

Hasselblad also offers A$20,000 trade-in for Hasselblad backs. Where Leaf charges users to upgrade their existing backs making future upgrades sounding much less painful.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149940\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Tom
The one thing to consider with both systems is speed. The new 54s (http://www.leaf-photography.com/ShowDoc.asp?MenuID=325&ParentMenuID=316) will shoot at .87 f/s. The H3DII 22mp will shoot at 1.4 f/s. I currently rent the Aptus 22 and besides file quality both of us (M&C) need that extra speed for people. For some photographers this is not an issue. For example I was using an Aptus 65 a few weeks while the Aptus 22 was being shipped in. I found it too slow & was affecting my shoot & its frame rate (Aptus 65 ) is 1.5 f/s. When I shot with the Aptus 22 we were back to normal @ 1.2 f/s. For speed this is where Leaf/Sinar have it over Hasselblad/Phase. The reason being the Dalsa chip vrs the Kodax chip.

Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

tomholland

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2007, 08:15:22 am »

The Aptus 22 recycles at about the same speed that my 555eld's motor drive advances. I have been shooting valeo and aptus for the last 3.5 years and am used to the 1.2 second delay. I am wondering if I would even notice a .2 second time difference between the H3D and Aptus. Although only a demo will tell and as you mention I might hate that. I wouldn't  be in this dilemma if Leaf offered an upgrade path that was relative to it's competitors. Very disappointing, a $15,000 difference in pricing may be just too much to stomach for an upgrade. One manufacturer wants to give me 10 grand to upgrade to their system, and the company who I have purchased two backs from in 3.5 years wants me to pay them 10 grand to upgrade.

Hi Tom
The one thing to consider with both systems is speed. The new 54s (http://www.leaf-photography.com/ShowDoc.asp?MenuID=325&ParentMenuID=316) will shoot at .87 f/s. The H3DII 22mp will shoot at 1.4 f/s. I currently rent the Aptus 22 and besides file quality both of us (M&C) need that extra speed for people. For some photographers this is not an issue. For example I was using an Aptus 65 a few weeks while the Aptus 22 was being shipped in. I found it too slow & was affecting my shoot & its frame rate (Aptus 65 ) is 1.5 f/s. When I shot with the Aptus 22 we were back to normal @ 1.2 f/s. For speed this is where Leaf/Sinar have it over Hasselblad/Phase. The reason being the Dalsa chip vrs the Kodax chip.

Denis

Well I am currently pondering an upgrade path myself. I currently own an aptus 22 (6 months old) a 555 eld with four lenses.

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2007, 08:40:50 am »

Well I am currently pondering an upgrade path myself. I currently own an aptus 22 (6 months old) and a 555 eld with four lenses.

My leaf dealer wants to charge me A$10,000.00 to upgrade my near new aptus 22 to an afi 54s. And then to purchase a leaf afi with a 50 and 80 lens,[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149940\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So that is $10000 for a mount change and staying at 22mp

I take it you are happy with your A22

While I cant divulge sinar pricing my last upgrade E22 to 54LV was less than half of that

With phase a mount change would be free

Leaf are not with the program or you need to pressure your dealer

Mount chage to go with the new body should be FREE - to get you into thier platform and heap of lenses

disgraceful

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

tomholland

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2007, 03:29:40 pm »

The problem is, is that you cannot put an Aptus 22 on to an AFI, you have to upgrade your back to the AFI equivalent of the 54S (Aptus 22 with fw 800)

So that is $10000 for a mount change and staying at 22mp

I take it you are happy with your A22
While I cant divulge sinar pricing my last upgrade E22 to 54LV was less than half of that

With phase a mount change would be free

Leaf are not with the program or you need to pressure your dealer

Mount chage to go with the new body should be FREE - to get you into thier platform and heap of lenses

disgraceful

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150013\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

AndreNapier

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2008, 01:41:12 pm »

I will repeat my question since it originally fell on deaf ears:
Now that we have the prices for AFi posted when can we expect a list of upgrade paths for current owners of Leaf products. If LEAF wants me and others to switch to AFi and abandon the H mount they better come with something very logical here. It has been only two months since we upgraded to 75s. Leaf needs to put their new cameras in hands of real shutters and existing clients to post positive reviews before others will jump into the system with their $50,000 investments. To me it is only logical step in current economical situation but then again logic and MFD do not often go hand and hand.

http://AndreNapier.com
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, have I missed something???
It is a middle of January 2008 and I still have not heard anything about upgrades. Is 75S the end of the road for Aptus users? I STRONGLY BELIEVE IT IS TIME FOR LEAF TO SAY SOMETHING EITHER WAY. WE HAVE BEEN VERY UNDERSTANDING FOR A LONG TIME.
[a href=\"http://Andrenapier.com]http://Andrenapier.com[/url]

H1/A75 Guy

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2008, 03:11:58 pm »

It is a middle of January 2008 and I still have not heard anything about upgrades. Is 75S the end of the road for Aptus users? I STRONGLY BELIEVE IT IS TIME FOR LEAF TO SAY SOMETHING EITHER WAY. WE HAVE BEEN VERY UNDERSTANDING FOR A LONG TIME.
http://Andrenapier.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167111\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
To my knowledge there would be no sanctioned Leaf upgrade path to the AFi for current Aptus back users. That would probably not preclude local dealers from taking an Aptus back in-trade, but some dealers may be offering their own Hassey and Leaf inventory before taking on "new", used backs. My understanding is that the Leaf AFi promotion includes one (1) additional year warranty, bringing the total AFi warranty period to two (2) years. The price of the AFi kit from your dealer does include the 80mm glass. Though it is better to buy a Leaf back locally, if you are looking for fair pricing on an AFi, I would recommend Keeble & Shuchat Photography in northern California. No sales tax on units shipped from California. You would contact Don or Mary at (650) 327-8511. Forgive me, I like to plug my dealer.

Best,
David
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 03:13:54 pm by H1/A75 Guy »

mattlap2

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2008, 03:34:05 pm »

http://Andrenapier.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167111\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Andre,

I just received a current trade in promo sheet from Leaf towards the AFi7.

You would receive the following dollar values for you back towards the purchase of an AFi7.

Aptus 75s  $14,430
Aptus 65s  $6430
Aptus 54s $10,430
Aptus 75  $13,000
Aptus 65  $6000
Aptus 22 / Valeo 22  $8270

Matt LaPointe
Dodd Camera - Chicago
(219) 670-9905
mlapointe@doddcamera.com

AndreNapier

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2008, 04:32:40 pm »

Matt,
If the above numbers are correct ( and after selling the basic h1/h2 kit for $3,300 )  it will translate to paying about $17,000 for switching from basic H1 to basic AFI or about $11,000 for switching the mount on practically the same back. I can already see the waiting list forming on this deal.  
I hope it is not called camera promotion nor trying to get Hasselblad share of the market.
As a loyal Leaf user I have to say that I am shocked and very concerned. I would say I PASS and reconsider my options.
Http://AndreNapier.com

BJNY

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2008, 04:35:57 pm »

Well then, what is the M$RP for an AFi7?
Guillermo

AndreNapier

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2008, 04:41:50 pm »

Initial Products:
• Leaf AFi 7 (Body, Back, W.L Finder) - $35,995
• AFi Body with W/L Finder (AFi Body with W/L Finder can only be purchased by customers already investing in a Leaf AFi System. Proof of previous purchase is required.) - $5,995
• Super Angulon 50 2.8 AFD HFT PQs - $5,142
• Xenotar 80 2.8 AFD PQs - $3,098
• Tele-Xenar 180 2.8 AFD PQ - $5,864
• 60-140 Variogon AFD PQS - $6,916

Products To Follow:
• Leaf AFi 5 (Body, Back, W.L Finder) - $27,995
• Leaf AFi 6 (Body, Back, W.L Finder) - $25,995
• 90 degree Prism Finder - $1,341
• Tele-Xenar 150 4 AFD HFT PQS - Price To Be Announced
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146451\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

AndreNapier

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2008, 04:43:11 pm »

Up my numbers by $3000. I did not notice originally that the package does not include lens.

BJNY

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2008, 04:44:07 pm »

Thank you, Andre.
Guillermo

AndreNapier

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2008, 04:49:30 pm »

$35,995 +
$  3,098=
$39,093

-
$14,430 =
$ 24,663
This seems as the deal
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up