Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon iPF 8100 and 9100 announced  (Read 17324 times)

Charles Gast

Canon iPF 8100 and 9100 announced
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2007, 08:10:42 pm »

It will be interesting to see how their pigments hold up to testing.  A reason I went away from Canon was their pigment longevity test results.

jpgentry

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2007, 01:32:58 pm »

It will be interesting to see how their pigments hold up to testing.  A reason I went away from Canon was their pigment longevity test results.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153992\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What was wrong with their test results?

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2007, 07:12:07 pm »

It will be interesting to see how their pigments hold up to testing.  A reason I went away from Canon was their pigment longevity test results.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually the Lucia inks tested out just fine, and there is a white paper showing both Canon's and Wilhelm's results last April.  

[a href=\"http://canonipf5000.wikispaces.com/space/showimage/LUCIA_Ink_Resistance_April_07.pdf]http://canonipf5000.wikispaces.com/space/s...ce_April_07.pdf[/url]

In addition Willhem is on record stating the preliminary tests indicate longevity at greater than 100 years.

It is unclear why the test data (which certainly must have concluded by now) has not been published, and seems fishy.

According to some sources I have within Canon that should know, it appears publishing of Wilhelm data seems to be stuck in a disagreement over pricing and value, not over results.

I think at some point they're going to have to go public with that dispute, or resolve it and get the Wilhelm data published, because many interpret this to be a problem with the data.  I know until I met with Canon a few months ago, that's how I viewed it as well.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 07:12:29 pm by Wayne Fox »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up