Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does HP hardwire my DJ to malfunction?  (Read 1574 times)

little big man

Does HP hardwire my DJ to malfunction?
« on: October 16, 2007, 10:51:45 pm »

I updated the DJ 130's firmware recently and it informed me that 2 of the printheads would soon be out of warranty.  Today, that date hit and the printer has jumped the shark - terrible banding, can't align printheads, etc.  I replaced the printheads in question, and now it tells me that the new one is faulty.  I remember reading that folks were suing because they thought the deskjets' cartridges were programmed to fail and I can't help but wonder if this experience is a coincidence?

Any thoughts?

Sean

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
Does HP hardwire my DJ to malfunction?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 02:08:37 pm »

I updated the DJ 130's firmware recently and it informed me that 2 of the printheads would soon be out of warranty.  Today, that date hit and the printer has jumped the shark - terrible banding, can't align printheads, etc.  I replaced the printheads in question, and now it tells me that the new one is faulty.  I remember reading that folks were suing because they thought the deskjets' cartridges were programmed to fail and I can't help but wonder if this experience is a coincidence?

Any thoughts?

Sean
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146516\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just a coincidence me thinks. With the 120 it did stop printing when carts or print heads were out. Yet most of the PHs are out of warranty on my 130 and it prints as good as new. When the print heads fail it does usually create side effects such as calibrations etc. A test print will reveal which or where the problem is . The good news is if you can change all print heads you have a new printer again that will print for many years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up