Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf AFi Prices  (Read 25951 times)

TechTalk

Leaf AFi Prices
« on: October 16, 2007, 06:00:51 pm »

Initial Products:
• Leaf AFi 7 (Body, Back, W.L Finder) - $35,995
• AFi Body with W/L Finder (AFi Body with W/L Finder can only be purchased by customers already investing in a Leaf AFi System. Proof of previous purchase is required.) - $5,995
• Super Angulon 50 2.8 AFD HFT PQs - $5,142
• Xenotar 80 2.8 AFD PQs - $3,098
• Tele-Xenar 180 2.8 AFD PQ - $5,864
• 60-140 Variogon AFD PQS - $6,916

Products To Follow:
• Leaf AFi 5 (Body, Back, W.L Finder) - $27,995
• Leaf AFi 6 (Body, Back, W.L Finder) - $25,995
• 90 degree Prism Finder - $1,341
• Tele-Xenar 150 4 AFD HFT PQS - Price To Be Announced
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Steve Kerman

Leaf AFi Prices
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 07:13:36 pm »

(AFi Body with W/L Finder can only be purchased by customers already investing in a Leaf AFi System. Proof of previous purchase is required.)
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If that isn't an "illegal tying arrangement," I don't know what is.

[a href=\"http://www.aurorawdc.com/arj_cics_tying_arrangements.htm]http://www.aurorawdc.com/arj_cics_tying_arrangements.htm[/url]
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 07:25:34 pm by Steve Kerman »

pixjohn

Leaf AFi Prices
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 07:14:58 pm »

What is the price to switch my H mount for the new AFI mount on my Aptus 75?

What about ship dates?

I really need to buy a new camera by the end of the year, will I stay H mount and buy a used or find a new H mount if still available or switch to AFI?

signed

sick of waiting

p.s. Leaf
I am still waiting for a new gain utility in V11?

H1/A75 Guy

Leaf AFi Prices
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 08:01:15 pm »

Deleted
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 08:14:53 pm by H1/A75 Guy »

H1/A75 Guy

Leaf AFi Prices
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 08:10:43 pm »

What is the price to switch my H mount for the new AFI mount on my Aptus 75?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146466\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the initial pricing, Tech Talk. Thursday came early! Think I'm good for now, at least until the AFi II and 44MP back show up. John, I think we are dead in the water for converting an A75 to AFi mount. Still need to see if there is a Leaf AFi promotion.

David

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Leaf AFi Prices
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 08:20:24 pm »

Initial Products:
• Leaf AFi 7 (Body, Back, W.L Finder) - $35,995
• AFi Body with W/L Finder (AFi Body with W/L Finder can only be purchased by customers already investing in a Leaf AFi System. Proof of previous purchase is required.) - $5,995
• Super Angulon 50 2.8 AFD HFT PQs - $5,142
• Xenotar 80 2.8 AFD PQs - $3,098
• Tele-Xenar 180 2.8 AFD PQ - $5,864
• 60-140 Variogon AFD PQS - $6,916

Products To Follow:
• Leaf AFi 5 (Body, Back, W.L Finder) - $27,995
• Leaf AFi 6 (Body, Back, W.L Finder) - $25,995
• 90 degree Prism Finder - $1,341
• Tele-Xenar 150 4 AFD HFT PQS - Price To Be Announced
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146451\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I find this to be VERY expensive.

I am especially shocked by the price they intend to charge for their lenses - the 80 mm at 3000 US$ is totally crazy, the 50 mm at 5140 US$ is un-reasonnable as well.

Cheers,
Bernard

pixjohn

Leaf AFi Prices
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 08:51:10 pm »

I have to agree Bernard, an H mount camera might be cheaper for me. I would also have to change the mount on my Cambo Wide DS.

I find this to be VERY expensive.

I am especially shocked by the price they intend to charge for their lenses - the 80 mm at 3000 US$ is totally crazy, the 50 mm at 5140 US$ is un-reasonnable as well.

Cheers,
Bernard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146481\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

samuel_js

Leaf AFi Prices
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 09:23:55 pm »

I agree. Crazy prices  
And we should expect even highter prices in Europe. Oh my...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 09:27:30 pm by samuel_js »

H1/A75 Guy

Leaf AFi Prices
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 10:07:25 pm »

Deleted - Couldn't get PDF to attach.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 10:12:08 pm by H1/A75 Guy »

Photomangreg

Leaf AFi Prices
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 10:10:19 pm »

Initial Products:

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146451\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So does this mean a person with a 75s cannot buy an AFi body to put it on?  Does one need to buy a complete system??  Will the Hy6 be the same way?

H1/A75 Guy

Leaf AFi Prices
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 10:17:09 pm »

So does this mean a person with a 75s cannot buy an AFi body to put it on?  Does one need to buy a complete system??  Will the Hy6 be the same way?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146502\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The AFi 7 (back) is not the same configuration as the A75 or A75s. It is not adaptable to the AFi platrform. I'm not even clear if the AFi back has its own battery or is powered from the AFi grip. We'll know soon, I'm sure.

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
Leaf AFi Prices
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 10:19:43 pm »

What I want to know is the upgrade price from 75S/H. I do not think that there would be a long waiting list of photogs ready to buy the complete new system for  $50+K.
Andre

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Leaf AFi Prices
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 10:21:23 pm »

The Sinar Hy6 can be purchased separately, as well as all existing accessories and lenses. Nobody is forced to buy a system with the back.

Best regards,
Thierry

So does this mean a person with a 75s cannot buy an AFi body to put it on?  Does one need to buy a complete system??  Will the Hy6 be the same way?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146502\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

TechTalk

Leaf AFi Prices
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 10:46:51 pm »

Deleted - Couldn't get PDF to attach.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146501\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Your PDF attachment works fine for me. I've been checking out the dealer's web-site.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Leaf AFi Prices
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 11:24:35 pm »

In part this is the result of the extreme low rates of the US dollar compared to the Euro. Don't forget that these products actually come from a country where all workers are properly insured against health risks and where all living standards fall within the top ten of the world. So, in Europe these items are already costly, but when you have a very weak currency to pay with you might have a financing problem.
[attachment=3583:attachment]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146494\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mamiya sells their excellent 80 f2.8 for less than 1.000 US$. I have been living in Japan for 10 years, and I have never had the feeling that the workers were not properlly insured or that the living standard was poor here...

The strong Euro certainly contributes to these outrageous prices, but even with a Euro 1.5 times weaker, the lens would still cost twice more than the Mamiya...

Either they are into milking their potential customers, or they have some serious re-thinking to do in terms of the way they design and produce.

Forgive me being frank, but anyone buying this lens at that price will be doing himself and all of us a huge disservice.

Cheers,
Bernard

H1/A75 Guy

Leaf AFi Prices
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 11:58:03 pm »

Forgive me being frank, but anyone buying this lens at that price will be doing himself and all of us a huge disservice.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146522\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sinar prices seem more reasonable although Thierry did not quote lens prices. I assume all these prices are 'MSRP'. Remember 'Dealer Net' is subtantially lower. I would doubt anyone would pay the quoted prices we are seeing here.

thsinar

Leaf AFi Prices
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 11:59:45 pm »

I was about to answer excatly the same "reasons" for prices and differences between the lenses!

Thanks,
Thierry

I'm not saying it is not expensive, but you seem to forget that the Mamiya lens does not have an image circle covering a 6x6 frame, which makes the two completely different designs. Optically speaking. The Mamiya lens also does not have a carbon leaf shutter that goes up to 1/1000s. Nor does it have an electrical step-driven aperture mechanism which can set itself to a desired value on remote command. And last but not least: the numbers of lenses produced for the Rolleiflex cameras are only a fraction of the Mamiya numbers. As we all know prices decrease tremendously beyond certain production amounts. This class of cameras lives in a very different reality than Mamiyas do.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146531\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

TechTalk

Leaf AFi Prices
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2007, 12:06:58 am »

Mamiya sells their excellent 80 f2.8 for less than 1.000 US$. I have been living in Japan for 10 years, and I have never had the feeling that the workers were not properlly insured or that the living standard was poor here...

The strong Euro certainly contributes to these outrageous prices, but even with a Euro 1.5 times weaker, the lens would still cost twice more than the Mamiya...

Either they are into milking their potential customers, or they have some serious re-thinking to do in terms of the way they design and produce.

Cheers,
Bernard
1) The Mamiya 80mm Lens for 645 does not include a shutter. It starts with this price advantage.

2) When rolling out a new product of any kind, the price has to reflect the initial development cost in relation to the number of units you expect to sell. The Mamiya 80mm was introduced when the medium-format market was healthy and strong and the costs of development are likely long since recovered. The medium-format market is now weak and at a very low volume. A look at the price of the Mamiya 28mm will give an indication of this. This is also reflected in the AFi/Hy6 prices. A body with 90° prism is approaching $6,000 largely because of the anticipated volume and the need to recover development costs in a reasonable amount of time.

thsinar

Leaf AFi Prices
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2007, 12:11:19 am »

I do not have yet the lens prices for the US, but Greg King shall certainly publish them soon.

Thierry

Sinar prices seem more reasonable although Thierry did not quote lens prices. I assume all these prices are 'MSRP'. Remember 'Dealer Net' is subtantially lower. I would doubt anyone would pay the quoted prices we are seeing here.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146533\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 12:11:33 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Natasa Stojsic

Leaf AFi Prices
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2007, 12:17:36 am »

Cheers,
Bernard

I agree with the above ''huge disservice'', just remember that Mamiya is in the same boat with regards to their 28mm, probably the most expensive 28mm Lens today!!!
[span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up