Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom destroyed my virtual copies  (Read 3114 times)

The View

Lightroom destroyed my virtual copies
« on: October 16, 2007, 04:00:18 am »

The SHIFT + TAB command to make the panels and the filmstrip disappear has never worked in Lightroom.

Sometimes only the side panels disappear, but not the filmstrip, and you give the command again, the filmstrip disappears, and the panels come back.

This time it was worse.

I had my images on full screen in grid view, hit shift + tab to get the side panels, and they came, but the images shone through.

I gave the command again, and then the image, that was selected, lost all its 13 virtual copies. Unfortunately, the one ready to print was one of them, and due to my move the back-up system was not ready, and I lost it.

There are still major and truly basic problems with this software. It is all but safe to use. Add stubborn things like long loading times into the develop module, and the Adobe software engineers have their work cut out for more than one upgrade BEFORE they can charge for one.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 07:20:56 am »

Frankly I think there is something very wrong with your system setup if even the basic shift-tab shortcut for hiding/revealing all panels isn't working. For example, you may have another software installed that intercepts keyboard shortcuts and prevents LR from processing them. I've never had a problem with shift-tab working as described, nor any other keyboard shortcut issue. I've also never lost virtual copies. Make sure that you don't have some filter selected (e.g., the Master photo filter) that prevents you from seeing the virtual copies.
Eric Chan

The View

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 01:46:01 pm »

Correction: not ALL virtual copies were destroyed, but all of the one image that was open when the incident ocurred.

I'm not saying, SHIFT + TAB is not working at all.

But often if not works correctly, especially when returning from "hide panels". Often the filmstrip does not reappear.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 04:02:16 pm »

Are you certain that you are holding down the shift key properly? Because just hitting Tab alone will bring back the side panels only (not the film strip). Happens to me plenty of times where I think I have the shift pressed down but in fact I don't.
Eric Chan

The View

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 01:40:02 am »

Are you certain that you are holding down the shift key properly? Because just hitting Tab alone will bring back the side panels only (not the film strip). Happens to me plenty of times where I think I have the shift pressed down but in fact I don't.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=147264\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Pretty sure of it, but thanks for the warning. I'll watch it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up