Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: opportunity to compare DBs in NYC  (Read 2341 times)

canmiya

• beyond stills
opportunity to compare DBs in NYC
« on: October 15, 2007, 03:50:20 pm »

I just learned that on Friday and Saturday of this week during Photoplusexpo in NYC,  Calumet will have reps from Mamiya, Sinar, Phase, H'blad, and Leaf in their 22nd street store.  They will have a model or two and a still life set up and will allow those of us who drop by, the opportunity to test out the equipment.  This sounds like a great opportunity to test the backs against one another.
I am not affiliated with Calumet, but am posting this because many of us have been asking for an opportunity to do just such a comparison.
regards.

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 04:39:06 pm »

Just remember not to be fooled in the heat of the moment by the different levels of built-in sharpening or contrast curves in some of the RAW apps which can make the results look more impressive at first.

Better to take home the files and spend time with them, getting the best result for each back.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 04:40:02 pm by foto-z »

phildog33

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 04:56:32 pm »

This is a great gig. I will definitely check it out to try the diff camera setups.
 P

TechTalk

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 08:47:24 pm »

Just remember not to be fooled in the heat of the moment by the different levels of built-in sharpening or contrast curves in some of the RAW apps which can make the results look more impressive at first.

Better to take home the files and spend time with them, getting the best result for each back.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=146185\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Wise and well considered advice!
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future
Pages: [1]   Go Up