Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Where To For Phase One?  (Read 89426 times)

BJNY

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2007, 10:53:59 am »

Here's the link to the rumored Nikon stuff:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp...essage=24836605
Guillermo

hankg

• http://www.hankgraber.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2007, 11:10:04 am »

Um... how about up to 1/1000 flash sync speed?

How about quality of the lenses? Medium format lenses have already proven themselves up to 39MP. Canon admitted that they will need a new improved range of lenses to handle even 22MP. From my experience of the Rollei lenses, I have no qualms about using them wide open.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149765\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Canon makes a lot of lenses. Many of them crap but the 35/1.4, 85/1.2, 135/2 and discontinued 180/1.8 are as good or better then anything thats come out of Zeiss or Leica and with 35/1.4, 50/1.2 and 85/1.2 DOF can be as narrow as you want it to be. So Canon can certainly produce lenses to match anything out there given the business reason to do so and the right price point.
Hank Graber
[url=http://www.hankgraber.c

PatrikR

• http://www.patrikraski.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2007, 11:22:24 am »

Take a deep breath...now exhale. I'm sure Mr. Lawery did not intend to lead you to believe that Phase One has announced that they will have a back for the Hy6. They did not say, in the memo referenced, that they will "support" the Hy6 camera. Mr. Lawery correctly stated that they now support the concept of the Hy6.

What's the difference? Well, Phase One states in the memo "Up till now, Phase One has been sceptical towards the viability of the product strategy behind the Hy6 camera". Now, however, Phase One has decided that the concept has merit and feels there is a "good basis for reaching an agreement". The memo says they have had "discussions with the new management of Jenoptik, the owner of the Hy6" and "expect we can update you again in November on this issue".

Now you can read into this whatever you like, but being "sceptical towards the viability" and now deciding to "support the Hy6 concept" is a bit short of a done deal or a product announcement.

I would save the "I told you so" for a later date. After an agreement has actually been reached, would probably be a better time to break out the party hats. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but it would be good to hear from Jenoptik before you put away the umbrellas.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149708\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I know that curiosity killed the cat but who are you mysterious TechieTalkie... How and why you know so much? Step into the light tell the world who you work for.
Patrik Raski - Espoo, Finland

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #163 on: October 31, 2007, 11:42:49 am »

I know that curiosity killed the cat but who are you mysterious TechieTalkie... How and why you know so much? Step into the light tell the world who you work for.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149801\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

check his posts...not a single post NOT about the dealings of hasselblad/defending even the most questionable policies....and nothing in any way related to actual photography....

TechTalk

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2007, 11:56:20 am »

check his posts...not a single post NOT about the dealings of hasselblad/defending even the most questionable policies....and nothing in any way related to actual photography....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149805\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Not true. If you did look at all of my posts, you would see that I have discussed issues regarding Sinar, Leaf, Phase One, Mamiya and other topics.

Try reading with your eyes instead of your emotions.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 11:59:23 am by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2007, 12:03:19 pm »

Paul,

I must say that TechTalk, whoever he is, has never denigrated any other brand, neither Sinar, nor the others, in the contrary. IMO it doesn't really matter what is his name and I really don't care, as long as his posts are accurate and well documented. This has been the case for what I have seen and read from him so far.

I am also for openess and not really a defender of anonymity, but especially for posts who have doubtful and obvious mal-intentioned information.

But that's my opinion.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

pss

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2007, 01:56:43 pm »

Paul,

I must say that TechTalk, whoever he is, has never denigrated any other brand, neither Sinar, nor the others, in the contrary. IMO it doesn't really matter what is his name and I really don't care, as long as his posts are accurate and well documented. This has been the case for what I have seen and read from him so far.

I am also for openess and not really a defender of anonymity, but especially for posts who have doubtful and obvious mal-intentioned information.

But that's my opinion.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149811\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thierry...i know who you are...you post here under your name as a sinar rep....techtalk has been here for a couple of months, and contrary to what he claims, ALL his posts are regarding/defending hasselblad....check it out...not a single post about anything else...honestly i don't care if someone makes it his hobby to take time to explain hasselblads politics and business in great detail here but i do find it a bit strange....to me he (or gasp!, she?) sound like a hasselblad spokesperson, often sounding like someone from their PR room....if he/she is not in any way affiliated with hasselblad, why go through this? i mean i feel strongly about my choice of equipment, i spent a lot of time and money making those decisions and i share my experiences here.......i have not read one single line form him actually describing HIS camera, HIS photos....i don't even know if he owns a MF system....everybody else in hereshares what they experience with their system...we know who owns what and can read the posts according to that....
techtalk has actually accused me of being emotional in my posts....well why on earth wouldn't i be? this is supposed to be a photography forum!
i truly appreciate your and yaya's input in this forum...as official spokespersons you can give a discussion or rumors some credibility.....
to me, based on his posts here, techtalk is either an undercover hasselblad employee or a techie who has never taken a pic in his life, so either way his posts won't help me with why i come her in the first place.....share experiences regarding photography...

TechTalk

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2007, 02:04:11 pm »

contrary to what he claims, ALL his posts are regarding/defending hasselblad....check it out...not a single post about anything else...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149835\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You should "check it out", because you're still wrong concerning my posts.

hubell

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2007, 03:18:40 pm »

techtalk has actually accused me of being emotional in my posts....well why on earth wouldn't i be? this is supposed to be a photography forum!
i truly appreciate your and yaya's input in this forum...as official spokespersons you can give a discussion or rumors some credibility.....
to me, based on his posts here, techtalk is either an undercover hasselblad employee or a techie who has never taken a pic in his life, so either way his posts won't help me with why i come her in the first place.....share experiences regarding photography...

I can surely understand you being emotional about your art. I can also understand you being emotional about your own equipment. What I cannot understand is why you are so emotional and constantly making snide remarks about OTHER PEOPLE's equipment that you have never even touched. This is what goes on all the time over at DP Review where they all sign in with the type of camera and the lenses they own under their posting name. (I used to never trust anyone over 30, now it's anyone who lists his equipment under his web posting name.)
Who cares who TechTalk is? He could wear a mask and sign in under the name Lone Ranger for all I care if his posts are clear, unemotional, and trying in good faith to be fair, informative and well balanced, which I believe to be the case. His only "sin" is that he often provides a counterpoint to the drumbeat of the sniping, uninformed comments about Hasselblad products and its management.

PatrikR

• http://www.patrikraski.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #169 on: October 31, 2007, 04:01:46 pm »

Who cares who TechTalk is? He could wear a mask and sign in under the name Lone Ranger for all I care if his posts are clear, unemotional, and trying in good faith to be fair, informative and well balanced, which I believe to be the case. His only "sin" is that he often provides a counterpoint to the drumbeat of the sniping, uninformed comments about Hasselblad products and its management.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149846\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Fair enough but the secret identities of people has always been great mysteries. TechTalk's analysis and writing is good reading but the source of his information is a mystery.

Other's have been accused of spreading rumors and their credibility and the source of their claims has been questioned. So why not TechTalk's? Is his reasoning so much better.

Who are you deep throat? asks "Curious George"
Patrik Raski - Espoo, Finland

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #170 on: October 31, 2007, 04:37:44 pm »

Fair enough but the secret identities of people has always been great mysteries. TechTalk's analysis and writing is good reading but the source of his information is a mystery.

Other's have been accused of spreading rumors and their credibility and the source of their claims has been questioned. So why not TechTalk's? Is his reasoning so much better.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149854\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have always maintained that full identity disclosure is the way to go. It certainly tempers some flying off the handle behavior. A face and a name go a long way towards reminding posters that there are real people - not just words - behind these posts.

That said, it's also possible some of these posters - perhaps Tech Tool - do work for someone, and that they are not allowed to publicly disclose that they are employed, or not even allowed at all, and are doing it at some risk.

In these cases, I understand to a degree, and only ask that the information is accurate if cloak and dagger is necessary.

But it's so much better to know that Foto-Z is Graham - Hi Graham! It forces us to deal with a person instead of attaching an identity - usually negative, especially if we disagree - to some obscure "name handle".

Steve Hendrix
www.ppratlanta.com/digital.php
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #171 on: October 31, 2007, 05:11:56 pm »

maybe??  (the timings match)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 05:12:27 pm by Morgan_Moore »
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #172 on: October 31, 2007, 05:59:39 pm »

Ex Tech for Helix? Knowing everybody there for the last 15 years I can narrow the list to 2-3 names especially that Helix was never known for having to many eloquent and knowledgeable staff members. But truly does his name really matter?
Andre

pss

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #173 on: October 31, 2007, 06:09:45 pm »

Ex Tech for Helix? Knowing everybody there for the last 15 years I can narrow the list to 2-3 names especially that Helix was never known for having to many eloquent and knowledgeable staff members. But truly does his name really matter?
Andre
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149889\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

andre....i don't know you personally, but you have influenced my buying desicions for years (since the RG forum).....based on what you shoot, how you shoot it and with what you shoot it....honestly i don't care if your name wasn't andre at all, but i know your gear and your work....that is what counts, that is why i value your opinion.....

Sean H

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #174 on: October 31, 2007, 08:38:22 pm »

Oh let poor Techie be. He/She gives us useful information and writes so well on top of that. He's been very good lately, let us not scare him away. Tonight in North America it is Halloween -- a festival where people dress up in costumes and pretend to be someone or something else; usually something scary, but not always. So let us respect Tech and let him/her wear his disguise. As someone else said, perhaps Tech cannot reveal himself because to do so could affect his position at his workplace. It is more useful to have him here than not, even if he is disguised. One day Tech will come out of the closet and reveal himself and surprise us, but for now let's enjoy his contribution. If it makes it easier for you, pretend that he works for HB. But in the meantime, please don't scare him/her away.

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #175 on: October 31, 2007, 10:35:59 pm »

andre....i don't know you personally, but you have influenced my buying desicions for years (since the RG forum).....based on what you shoot, how you shoot it and with what you shoot it....honestly i don't care if your name wasn't andre at all, but i know your gear and your work....that is what counts, that is why i value your opinion.....
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Paul,
Thank you for your kind words. You definitely made my day and made the time spend on LL even more meaningful. Respect is very much mutual. I just wish I had more time to contribute but between two full time jobs and four kids  ( youngest just turn two ) I can just afford few minutes a day. Thank you again.

[a href=\"http://AndreNapier.com]http://AndreNapier.com[/url]

TechTalk

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #176 on: October 31, 2007, 11:01:53 pm »

Sorry, but my posts will remain anonymous for my own reasons. If you have questions regarding any information that I provide, let me know and I'll do my best to provide satisfactory links to available source material. I have no interest in rumors, so I won't be posting any gossip–but I will challenge or correct these kinds of post at times.

As for credibility, I've noticed that having a name attached to a post doesn't make falsehoods less false or facts more true. I would encourage you to investigate for yourself anything that is of real interest or concern to you and not to rely on message boards as anything more than a starting point for your own digging up of information and research. The web can be a great source of information, but you will also find plenty of misinformation, opinion and guess-work presented as fact, fiction mixed together with fact (those are always a pain to unravel) and sometimes just plain fantasy.

My only interest in posting here is to provide accurate technical information, discuss business aspects of the industry, correct misinformation, challenge assumptions and rumors and on occasion to add my perception or perspective. Any or all of this you are free to dismiss based on my anonymity.

I'm not here to criticize any products based on subjective personal preferences. I'm not here to offer personal advice on techniques or equipment choices. I wish to be as objective as possible in observations and perspectives that I post. I'm not going to offer any clues to satisfy curiosity regarding my identity, but I will state once again that I do not work for any manufacturer and never have.

TechTalk

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #177 on: November 01, 2007, 12:23:09 am »

i am sure sinar and leaf get their bodies (more or less) for free in order to sell lenses....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145960\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
On the first page of this thread, we get this assertion from you–one you're sure about. I really had hoped that jumping to conclusions wasn't going to be habit forming.

fuji builds the hasselblad lenses (as a hasselblad employee you should know that)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145965\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
But then on page 2 of this thread, you rush to judgement about my source of income. Incorrectly, I might add.

Then you decide to make this completely false statement. Why? I have no idea.

techtalk has been here for a couple of months, and contrary to what he claims, ALL his posts are regarding/defending hasselblad....check it out...not a single post about anything else...to me, based on his posts here, techtalk is either an undercover hasselblad employee or a techie who has never taken a pic in his life, so either way his posts won't help me with why i come her in the first place.....share experiences regarding photography...
Then you repeat this falsehood regarding my posts again. Is it in the hope that if you repeat it enough it will become true?

Oh, I did like the "undercover" reference in this round of assertions that I work for Hasselblad. It sounds so conspiratorial and exciting! Ahhh... and then the knife appears, "or a techie who has never taken a pic in his life". Have you thought about writing mystery novels? You do have a gift for fantasy.

Either way, I'm not here to help you or share experiences with you. I'm here to help other people that just might believe rash statements, like the first one you made on this thread regarding the "free" bodies that Leaf and Sinar get. There are innocent and gullible people that use the internet, after all. Some might even read your posts.

My guess is that it is my challenging your assumptions and assertions, on this and other threads, that has you attacking me–and not my anonymity.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #178 on: November 01, 2007, 12:41:29 am »

Maybe TechTalk is MarkT in disguise? ?????       "Okay Mark gigs up ... take off that mask... "  

Not Mark? Rat's ... well I miss Mark's humor, but both of you are talking sense here and I like that.
Rolleiflex USA

TechTalk

Where To For Phase One?
« Reply #179 on: November 01, 2007, 12:41:43 am »

TechTalk, I did read all of your posts and I have always thought of you as a man in retirement who likes to cruise the internet for information, in order to create a comprehendable version of reality. Most of your info seems to come from open sources and that also could explain why Paul thinks you are overly Hasselblad oriented. There is after all much more Hassy info available than Leaf info, for example. But obviously you have been triggered lately to dig into the sources of more "obscure" brands. Given the amount of posts from you since you signed up halfway last August and the growth of the links to internet sources you must almost have a full day's task being active here. Since most of us don't have that much time to spend I would say it's a nice addition to many discussions, altough your tone sometimes reminds me of a protestant Reverend. But that's a personal itch, I guess.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149951\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Gee, I haven't imagined what your life-style is like at all. I'm flattered that you took the time to create a mental image of me!

I've been in the professional photography business for decades, but I'm still years from retirement. I do manage to find free time to discuss topics that I find interesting. I've noticed others do as well; do you picture us all huddled together in the nursing home over our keyboards?

From time to time, I also manage to wade into the cesspool of misinformation (that is unfortunately also part of the otherwise useful internet) in order to help clean it up a bit (part-time janitor duties). But only when my nurse is free to help me in and out of the pool.

Now... enough about mysterious anonymous me. Can we get back to discussing the future of digital imaging for the professional market please?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up