Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Southwest, Bay Area or Montreal at end of October  (Read 1997 times)

Khurram

Southwest, Bay Area or Montreal at end of October
« on: October 14, 2007, 12:20:02 am »

I had to nix my plan to goto Hawaii during the last 1 1/2 weeks of October.

I'm trying to decide on where to go and wouldn't mind getting some feedback on the following options:

1) Southwest - I was thinking of flying down to Vegas and going to Death Valley (i've always wanted to goto the racetrack), Zion, Sedona and Monument Valley and possibly trying to squeeze in Canyonlands and dead horse point.    I just wanted to get an idea of what to expect weatherwise. Is it too early for fall colours in Zion and Sedona (Oct 20-29).  Is there any hiking involved for the racetrack or just the rough drive (i also wanted to know just how rough of a drive it is).

2) Bay Area - We were in SF and Big Sur in June and both the Big Sur coast and the Bay area was pretty much fogged in and it was mostly overcast.  What is the weather usually like at the end of October?

3) Montreal - I was really considering Montreal, coz my wife hasn't been there before and there are three Hab home games during this period.  However, i wanted to know if there are any good landscape options in the Montreal area at this time of the year.  Is it too late for fall colours?

I'd appreciate whatever advice i can get - and time is really of essence, as  this trip really has to be booked at the last minute (most likely Oct 18 or 19), as i will be moving on from current job and will be negoitating the start date for new job until then.
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog
Pages: [1]   Go Up