Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hp 3100 and Qimage issue  (Read 3118 times)

damdeziner

Hp 3100 and Qimage issue
« on: October 13, 2007, 11:12:31 pm »

Using Pro Satin, I nested a 13"x30" print in landscape orientation. Along side of this print I nested some smaller prints (8"x10" etc.) three all together yet left negative space (white border @.5") in between these smaller prints. What I found was that the edge of the 13"x30" print had a very noticable dark gradiant printed at the point of these negative areas and exactly the same width as the negative white area --anyone run in to this?
The carriage traveled the distance of the small print first and where there is only the seperation between 13"x30" and 8"x10" all is well but when the carriage travels through the negative area between the small prints and then hits the edge of the 13"x30" we have the mysterious short dark gradient that of course ruins the print!
My intention was to use the entire area of the 24" roll to maximize my inventory but if this is the case printing with Qimage then I would be afraid to ruin another job!
I hope I painted a good enough picture of what happened here?
Curious to know if I'm doing something wrong, my gut tells me it is a problem with Qimage?

Dave

namartinnz

Hp 3100 and Qimage issue
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 12:06:28 am »

Using Pro Satin, I nested a 13"x30" print in landscape orientation. Along side of this print I nested some smaller prints (8"x10" etc.) three all together yet left negative space (white border @.5") in between these smaller prints. What I found was that the edge of the 13"x30" print had a very noticable dark gradiant printed at the point of these negative areas and exactly the same width as the negative white area --anyone run in to this?
The carriage traveled the distance of the small print first and where there is only the seperation between 13"x30" and 8"x10" all is well but when the carriage travels through the negative area between the small prints and then hits the edge of the 13"x30" we have the mysterious short dark gradient that of course ruins the print!
My intention was to use the entire area of the 24" roll to maximize my inventory but if this is the case printing with Qimage then I would be afraid to ruin another job!
I hope I painted a good enough picture of what happened here?
Curious to know if I'm doing something wrong, my gut tells me it is a problem with Qimage?

Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145813\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Dave

I don't know what your problem may be but I use Qimage all the time placing all sorts of photos of varying sizes and have had no issues. I make custom size paper settings for each print to avoid paper wastage ( and needlessly wasting GE) then let the Z3100 do its stuff. Don't think it's a version issues either. I've used three or 4 versions since February up to the lastest version release (2008.101 since I last checked)

I always print in portrait orientation and set paper size accordingly. That might be the issue? Will never go back to printing any other way.

Neal

damdeziner

Hp 3100 and Qimage issue
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 01:06:59 am »

Neal,
Thanks for the response!
I will try too attach an image so you can see what I ran into.
I think I will try "portrait mode" and burn through some paper as I would like to figure this out...very strange!

Thanks again

Dave

namartinnz

Hp 3100 and Qimage issue
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 03:15:40 am »

Neal,
Thanks for the response!
I will try too attach an image so you can see what I ran into.
I think I will try "portrait mode" and burn through some paper as I would like to figure this out...very strange!

Thanks again

Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145826\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Dave

Another thing you can try is set Qimage to Print To File. Then examine the resulting tiff/jpeg file for any artifacts. Very strange what your getting on your printout.

Neal

Ernst Dinkla

Hp 3100 and Qimage issue
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 06:02:28 am »

Hi Dave

Another thing you can try is set Qimage to Print To File. Then examine the resulting tiff/jpeg file for any artifacts. Very strange what your getting on your printout.

Neal
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A good advice as it will separate Qimage issues from HP issues.

Remember that there are two borders possible with Qimage and that one may have a faint grey instead of white that wasn't noticed. The image itself could have it too. I have not seen this problem and I have tested border color made with Qimage in several ways a week ago.

Ernst Dinkla

try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]

damdeziner

Hp 3100 and Qimage issue
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 03:10:19 pm »

To better illustrate I have attached a file showing what happened during the printing.
I appreciate all the feedback thus far and will certainly let you know what my findings are!

Thanks,

Dave

rdonson

Hp 3100 and Qimage issue
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 03:29:52 pm »

To better illustrate I have attached a file showing what happened during the printing.
I appreciate all the feedback thus far and will certainly let you know what my findings are!

Thanks,

Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145939\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dave,

I've used Qimage to do this sort of printing and I've never seen anything like this.  I wonder what is going on.
Regards,
Ron

thierryd

• http://www.dehesdin.eu
Hp 3100 and Qimage issue
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 05:03:33 pm »

Dave,

I've used Qimage to do this sort of printing and I've never seen anything like this.  I wonder what is going on.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145947\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Nothing exotic in your file format ? I have once something strange like that but (I don't remember exactly) it was something like a .psd 16bits file with layers.

damdeziner

Hp 3100 and Qimage issue
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 05:08:06 pm »

Dave,

I've used Qimage to do this sort of printing and I've never seen anything like this.  I wonder what is going on.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145947\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, I printed to file and viewed--no apparent issues there!
I have since printed twice again yet very small (the same file as original) and it is not showing up there either.
Man...the prints are perfect! Can't complain about that but the next time I go to nest a fairly long print with smaller ones I will certainly be a little gun shy!

Also,
I should have mentioned that I originally had everything possible set to best image (highest quality) and did notice that the carriage was hesitant about every few passes and the mechanics seemed to be wiping the head on occasion as the job was printing? This did not create any flags for me at the time but is this behavior normal--maybe I'm reaching here a little.

Dave.

Dave

namartinnz

Hp 3100 and Qimage issue
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 05:43:37 pm »

Also,
I should have mentioned that I originally had everything possible set to best image (highest quality) and did notice that the carriage was hesitant about every few passes and the mechanics seemed to be wiping the head on occasion as the job was printing? This did not create any flags for me at the time but is this behavior normal--maybe I'm reaching here a little.

Dave.

Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145982\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Dave, glad to see the issue was non repeated.  As for printing I set my quality to Best with boxes unticked. Gives a 600 dpi print and looks great to me for everything I print. I found the very highest setting was too slow.

Neal
Pages: [1]   Go Up