Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Skew  (Read 2100 times)

Harris

Z3100 Skew
« on: October 13, 2007, 09:03:52 am »

Perhaps this has been discused before and if so I would appreciate being directed to the thread. I have a 24" Z3100 for about 5 months and until recently the only problems I have had with skew were with sheet paper which is easily corrected.

However recently I am having a serious problem with rolls - paper and canvas. Sometimes it takes me as long as 15 - 20 minutes before I can get a roll accepted by the printer. Yesterday I used canvas (Fredrix 901) and it took me over 30 minutes before it was accepted. BTW, the results were exquisite.

In any event, if there are any suggestions as to procedure or other thoughts (does the machine need service) I would appreciate help. Thanks,

Harris

SeanPuckett

• http://photi.ca/
Z3100 Skew
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 08:50:07 pm »

Harris,

Next time the printer prompts you for manual skew alignment, don't rewind the canvas -- pull it out further a foot or so.  Gently and straight out.  This almost always nails roll-feed media skew problems for me.

That's the only trick I've got in my book -- if you've read that page already I've got nothing else for you but wishes for luck.

-s

Harris

Z3100 Skew
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 08:01:16 am »

Harris,

Next time the printer prompts you for manual skew alignment, don't rewind the canvas -- pull it out further a foot or so.  Gently and straight out.  This almost always nails roll-feed media skew problems for me.

That's the only trick I've got in my book -- if you've read that page already I've got nothing else for you but wishes for luck.

-s
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145794\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Harris

Z3100 Skew
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 08:08:46 am »

Sean,

Have attempted already what you suggested and sometimes I get a message to lift the handle and move to blue line, others that paper loaded incorrectly, ocassionally to re-roll and start over, and others to lift handle and let it corretc it self.

I get gun shy about changing rolls of paper - any word on possible corrections of this problem - anyone have service correct the problem.  I understand that new firmware that is somewhere down the stream may help.

Harris
Pages: [1]   Go Up