Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop CS3 Plug-ins for Canon iPF printers  (Read 3085 times)

Scott Martin

• Onsight
Photoshop CS3 Plug-ins for Canon iPF printers
« on: October 12, 2007, 11:21:08 am »

Photoshop CS3 compatible Canon plug-ins are now available for all of the iPF printers. I have the latest plug-ins for the following printer and OS combinations on my FTP server for anyone that needs them.

5000 Mac (UB)
5100 Mac (UB) and Windows
6100 Mac (UB) and Windows
8000 Mac (UB)
9000 Mac (UB)

(UB) denotes Universal Binary and compatibility with both PPC and Intel macs.

FTP Server: www.on-sight.com
Username: onsightguest
Password: guestftp

My apologies for this list not being more complete. Point me to any other plug-ins and drivers and I will be happy to add them.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

santa

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 02:53:00 am »

Outstanding ! Thank you very much ! Got it, installed it and I'm rocking!

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 10:52:20 am »

So why hasn't Canon hosted this publiclly?

It figures, now that the plug-in's are out, I'm ready to move this beast elsewhere. I want my table space back <g>
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

santa

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 02:28:45 pm »

I assume you got this from  a Canon rep or something but it is odd that it's done but not released and what IS released at the European site doesn't seem to actually contain the plugin for the 5100 in spite of being a download labelled as such on the 5100 download page. It's amazing how a huge company with such resources can't get something as fundamental as software downloads properly organized, labelled and posted when complete. And they wrap it in a .sit.hqx  form. Amazing.

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 09:57:23 pm »

So why hasn't Canon hosted this publiclly? [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145711\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Damn good question! Everyone at Canon shakes their head "we know, we know..." while middle management refuses to a knowledge that there is a problem.  Lackluster support isn't much of an issue for those with a propensity to figure things out themselves but it is a problem for the masses. How the camera and fine art printer divisions can be so different is beyond me.  
It figures, now that the plug-in's are out, I'm ready to move this beast elsewhere. I want my table space back <g>[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145711\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The 5000 *is* quite a beast. On one hand it seems like a remarkable value - a lot of printer for just $999. On the other hand the 3800 should be applauded for it's remarkable space economy. Between the 4800 and 5000 I rather have the black ink switching 4800 off my desk.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 10:26:23 pm by Onsight »
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up