Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beginner Question  (Read 5994 times)

Giorgio

Beginner Question
« on: October 12, 2007, 10:44:29 am »

Is it possible to change the photos order in the Library Mosaic?
If yes how? I'm having problem with that.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Beginner Question
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 12:12:23 pm »

Giorgio:

If you're in the Library - grid view only, you can choose to sort your images by capture time, edit time, file name, file extension, rating, pick, label colour and several other criteria using the 'Sort' choices on the bottom toolbar.  If you can't see a 'Sort' choice, click on the down arrow at the right edge of the toolbar and click on 'Sorting' to show it.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Giorgio

Beginner Question
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 12:35:21 pm »

Giorgio:

If you're in the Library - grid view only, you can choose to sort your images by capture time, edit time, file name, file extension, rating, pick, label colour and several other criteria using the 'Sort' choices on the bottom toolbar.  If you can't see a 'Sort' choice, click on the down arrow at the right edge of the toolbar and click on 'Sorting' to show it.

Mike.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145540\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Mark but what I mean is actually to change the order or sequence of the photos like you can do in Bridge and many order Data Base programs by "dragging and dropping"

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Beginner Question
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 02:56:13 am »

Hi Giorgio:

I don't believe you can do this within the Grid in Lightroom.  You can however move images back and forth along the filmstrip at the bottom by clicking on the image and dragging it.  Depending on the number of images in your folder or collection and how far you want to move the image, that may or may not be convenient.  You can also Ctrl/Cmd click ADJACENT images in the filmstrip and move them together.

Hope that helps...

Mike.

marcgoldring

Beginner Question
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 08:26:24 am »

Hi Giorgio:

I don't believe you can do this within the Grid in Lightroom.  You can however move images back and forth along the filmstrip at the bottom by clicking on the image and dragging it.  Depending on the number of images in your folder or collection and how far you want to move the image, that may or may not be convenient.  You can also Ctrl/Cmd click ADJACENT images in the filmstrip and move them together.

Hope that helps...

Mike.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145830\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If I'm not mistaken, you CAN do a custom arrangement in the Library grid view. One of the sorting options is "custom" and you just click and hold (in the image itself) and move it where you want it. I've done this to organize a slide show and it worked easily - it was a separate collection, though.

HTH,

Marco

EarlyMan

Beginner Question
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 08:48:14 am »

If I'm not mistaken, you CAN do a custom arrangement in the Library grid view. One of the sorting options is "custom" and you just click and hold (in the image itself) and move it where you want it. I've done this to organize a slide show and it worked easily - it was a separate collection, though.

HTH,

Marco
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145858\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 08:49:05 am by EarlyMan »

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Beginner Question
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 01:27:03 pm »

I was playing with this a bit this morning.  You can move photos in the Library in Grid View.  However, there's one restriction.  If you have a folder that has subfolders, you have to be in the subfolder to move the images around.  IOW, if you have a folder that has 3 sub folders with 100 slides, from the parent folder you can't rearrange the slides, but from the subfolders you can rearrange the slides within each subfolder by clicking on the image itself (not the frame surrounding it) and dragging it to a new position within the grid.  You can also move an image from one subfolder to another by clicking on the image within the grid and dragging it to a new subfolder; this will also move the image location on the hard drive.

Mike.
Pages: [1]   Go Up