Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad Announcement  (Read 23626 times)

Eurotographer

Hasselblad Announcement
« on: October 10, 2007, 04:56:17 pm »

Hassy announced a new H3DII39MS camera today, this will allow the photogrpaher to do multi shot on an H3D which will get them the ability to use the 28mm as well as all the lens corrections and ultra focus.  In the same announcement they told about a new H2F, film only version of the H2 that will be 20% cheaper!!  Oh, and they also announced that they are discontinuing the H2 affective immediately, so much for leaf, phase and Sinar having a platform!

Lewis

godtfred

• http://
Hasselblad Announcement
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 05:04:32 pm »

Could you point me in the direction of this announcement? Is there a press release or something I have missed?

-axel

Hassy announced a new H3DII39MS camera today, this will allow the photogrpaher to do multi shot on an H3D which will get them the ability to use the 28mm as well as all the lens corrections and ultra focus.  In the same announcement they told about a new H2F, film only version of the H2 that will be 20% cheaper!!  Oh, and they also announced that they are discontinuing the H2 affective immediately, so much for leaf, phase and Sinar having a platform!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145170\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Hasselblad Announcement
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 05:07:11 pm »

It smells like a...
It looks like a...
It sounds like a...

So it probably is a...

godtfred

• http://
Hasselblad Announcement
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 05:15:22 pm »

It smells like a...
It looks like a...
It sounds like a...

So it probably is a...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145175\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+

Nick-T

Hasselblad Announcement
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 05:24:09 pm »

It smells like a...
It looks like a...
It sounds like a...

So it probably is a...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145175\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Duck??
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
Hasselblad Announcement
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 06:24:48 pm »

Hi
I just did a web search & found nothing about the new cameras, even on the Hasselblad web site. Could you tell us where this info came from.
Thanks Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
Hasselblad Announcement
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 06:46:40 pm »

Lets see, joined yesterday, first post today that includes information that so far can't be substantiated.   Okay, let me think about this  .........

Photomangreg

Hasselblad Announcement
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 06:51:22 pm »

This was posted on the Hasselblad Users group by the forum leader today:

Hi Guys
Hot off the press:

The H2 has been discontinued. There will be an H2F (film only) and
othe backs should work (but will need a cable)

'blad have finally announced the H3D39MS meaning multi-shot and the
28mm is now possible..

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
Hasselblad Announcement
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 07:09:02 pm »

Lets see, joined yesterday, first post today that includes information that so far can't be substantiated.   Okay, let me think about this  .........
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145197\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Okay, let me get both feet out of my mouth

samuel_js

Hasselblad Announcement
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 07:15:39 pm »

This was posted on the Hasselblad Users group by the forum leader today:

Hi Guys
Hot off the press:

The H2 has been discontinued. There will be an H2F (film only) and
othe backs should work (but will need a cable)

'blad have finally announced the H3D39MS meaning multi-shot and the
28mm is now possible..
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145198\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Can someone point me to this forum please?  

j.miller

Hasselblad Announcement
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 07:19:01 pm »

Eurotographer and PhotoManGreg are not entirely incorrect in the the announcement details. However, this information is "hot off the wire", and does not always make it to the end-users very quickly.

I will provide more details shortly, however here are some initial announcement details:

Hasselblad H3D-IIMS (Multi-Shot) - obvious and long awaited addition the the H3D-Series system. Multi-shot capability is still limited to tethered operation, as back processing ability and CF card speeds are not there (yet).

Hasselblad H2F - official replacement for current H2, continuing with film-back functionality, as well as continuing the be an "open" platform for PhaseOne / Leaf / Sinar (and others) back users. Some features have been removed, and digital back sync functionality via cable. More details to come...

Hasselblad FlexColor 4.8.1 (Mac & Win) - see www.Hasselbladusa.com - Incorporates new firmware for original H3D's ("series I"), H2D's, H1D's, etc, allowing for improved high-ISO capability, menu control via camera grip command dials, Drive / ISO button assignment, and a handful of custom options (see Hasselblad.com). Version 4.8.1 improves noise reduction capability on current and previous generation fff / 3FR files. It now offers synchronized exposure control within FlexColor, or via camera body, simultaneously (includes all Ixpress, CF, and H3D-Series).

Thats it for now.

Regards,

Jordan Miller

Lets see, joined yesterday, first post today that includes information that so far can't be substantiated.   Okay, let me think about this  .........
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145197\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:13:37 am by j.miller »

samuel_js

Hasselblad Announcement
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 08:10:41 pm »

Hasselblad H2F - official replacement for current H2, continuing with film-back functionality, as well as continuing the be an "open" platform for PhaseOne / Leaf / Sinar (and others) back users. Some features have been removed, and digital back sync functionality via cable. More details to come...
Regards,
Jordan Miller
DTG
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145203\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is nonsense. HB downgrading their own camera to force people to the H3D. They are doing their best to piss off their customers. Functions removed and DB sync via cable?      
And what about the name? H2Film?
My God, I'll better go to bed......  

I'll tell you about my dreams...... Hasselblad making us feel we have the best and they know we pay A LOT for their products.....

Sad Hasselblad Sad. I'll really consider my options now.

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
Hasselblad Announcement
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 08:14:15 pm »

Hi
As the above quote, does this mean the H2 is a better camera for digital backs of the third party ( Leaf, Sinar, phase ). Will this make the H2 more valuable now? At Photokina last year Hasselblad was going to drop the H2 & decided not to. Then again it is there business & they are going forward with the H3D systems.
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

Natasa Stojsic

Hasselblad Announcement
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 08:20:16 pm »

Hassy announced a new H3DII39MS camera today, this will allow the photogrpaher to do multi shot on an H3D which will get them the ability to use the 28mm as well as all the lens corrections and ultra focus.  In the same announcement they told about a new H2F, film only version of the H2 that will be 20% cheaper!!  Oh, and they also announced that they are discontinuing the H2 affective immediately, so much for leaf, phase and Sinar having a platform!

Lewis
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145170\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Unless aired on CNN, it's not that bad  

I am happy i decided to go with Mamiya, for how long? 'not sure' I hope at least 4 years.
[span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:

Natasa Stojsic

Hasselblad Announcement
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 08:35:55 pm »

[span style=\'font-size:11pt;line-height:100%\']Almost forgot, what about the PHASE/LEAF 'H-Mount' Re-sale value in two weeks/months/years?  [/span]

God, Help us all!
[span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
Hasselblad Announcement
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 08:39:49 pm »

As much as in my selfish way I am opposed to the way Hasselblad direct their business I have to say that upon deeper reflection on this subject I think that from business prospective they are making the wisest decission  under the current market conditions.
My numbers are not substanciated but by knowing common productions ratios in various lines of businesses I can assume that on $7,000 body end-buyer cost the average OH/P to Hassy should be around $1,000.00. Digital Backs cameras production and marketing is a bit different. My uneducated guess will be that on $33,000.00 set Hassy can pocket 7-10 K. In reality what it means is that for every six pissed H1/H2 users who attach Leaf or P1 backs to Hassy camera , one photog converted to HD will pay the losses and bring home some more profits. No amount of our bitching can stop 15% of Leaf/P1 users to make the switch to HD once their existing platform disappears. It is a simple match in very rough waters. I would do the same to survive. It sucks but this is win or die war.

Disclaimer
Andre Napier the photographer is not responsible for the opinions of
Andre Napier the businessman.

j.miller

Hasselblad Announcement
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 09:07:21 pm »

Please do not misunderstand, the H2F feature set has not been fully disclosed. More details are to come. It is my understanding that the H2F will cost less than the currently available H2, with some minor changes to the feature set.

Hasselblad also appears to be committed to supporting film, now that the H3D-II does not operate with a film back (unlike the original H3D). In this case, the H2/F is the the logical solution.

It is not clear as to whether or not the H2F is "a better camera" than the current H2. Once the H2F is available, I will assume more details will become available regarding 3rd party features and compatibility.

Regards,

Jordan Miller

Hi
As the above quote, does this mean the H2 is a better camera for digital backs of the third party ( Leaf, Sinar, phase ). Will this make the H2 more valuable now? At Photokina last year Hasselblad was going to drop the H2 & decided not to. Then again it is there business & they are going forward with the H3D systems.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145216\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:13:24 am by j.miller »

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
Hasselblad Announcement
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2007, 09:15:51 pm »

not sure why this comes as a surprise to anyone...they announced thie same thing a year ago...and reversed it....since then everything new for the system seems to only work on the H3D....so anyone who bought a H2 in the last year has no excuses....hey contax died and that started a frenzy in the second hand market

the H3F announcement is very obviously a reaction to the Hy6....and everybody was laughing about the Hy6 being a film camera as well.....i don't see the point in taking something away from an existing product....at all...but hey....will the new lenses work on the H3F? will the next lenses even be full (film) frame lenses? but i guess H2 buyers already know the answer to that one....

all hasselblad really has to do is drop their prices by 30% and watch the rest of the market eat itself...then announce whatever you like and don't worry about backward compatibility....oops they already did that...without the price drop!

it will still work out for them....they have "mega focus"....

again i don't understand what the whining is about....if you love the H camera, just get the integrated solution! yes, i personally believe the phase backs are better, but i have to live with the fact that i can't put my phase back on a rollei....the hass backs are not bad in any way and the integrated system absolutely has advantages....i am sure if i liked the H camera i could totally live with the H back attached to it....

the money is made with the hobby shooters with too much money...they don't want options and "older" "outdated"...when they step up from their 1DSmkIII to bring a new toy to their safari they want it to be shiny, new and tech heavy....and the H3D will deliver....is there a chance that there might be a 2% better file out there, a 2% better lens out there? maybe, who cares....

same actually goes for a pro who (unlike the pros in here) is NOT a gadget freak and just needs a camera that works, is supported by the next rental house and that shuts the AD up in terms of tech stats....

so the future looks great for hasselblad...and they are doing a great job letting everybody else fight for the crumbs....locking them out here, discontinuing there.....

as a camera and system, the Hy6 is a much better choice, but the uncertainty and in the end the options make it a non competitor....

how long will hass sell the CF backs?

RobertJ

Hasselblad Announcement
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 10:16:06 pm »

Hah!  
They took an advanced camera like the H series, made it have electronic communication with digital backs, nice AF, and all these digital features, then they turn it into the H2F, which requires a CABLE to use Leaf/Phase backs!  Hilarious.

hubell

Hasselblad Announcement
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 11:15:15 pm »

Hah! 
They took an advanced camera like the H series, made it have electronic communication with digital backs, nice AF, and all these digital features, then they turn it into the H2F, which requires a CABLE to use Leaf/Phase backs!  Hilarious.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145239\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It appears that Hasselblad is trying to follow in the footsteps of Rollei/Sinar/Leaf in providing a more limited form of "open" platform for other digital backs than the current H2. The new body will not permit direct electronic communication between the back and the camera's electronics. You need to use a cable to operate them together, with only a limited form of  communication. In form, open, but a cable connection may very well be a non-starter for many. This appears to be the path that the Rolleiflex/Sinar/Leaf Hy6 is following.  It really seems to be a way to kill off the H2 without announcing it as such, and may give Hasselblad some cover in the marketplace.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up