Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accidental blur of image - abstract result  (Read 2289 times)

Harris

Accidental blur of image - abstract result
« on: October 10, 2007, 06:40:59 am »

The other day while printing with my Z3100, by mistake I inserted a sheet of glossy paper on the wrong side.  The result was a landscape image that while unusable, had certain qualities that I found interesting.  Since it was glossy paper, the entire image was blurred or for lack of a better term, smeared.  I found this to be an interesting abstract and attempted to duplicate it on my monitor with PS filters but without success.  

Does anyone have a suggestion on a way that I would be able to replicate this result while printing on the correct side of the glossy paper or on rag paper.

Thank you,

Harris

DarkPenguin

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 10:27:27 pm »

Can you scan the screwed up image?  Otherwise one can only guess what you're looking at.

Harris

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 05:49:56 am »

Hi -Unfortunately the image is on a 18 x 20 sheet of glossy paper and I cannot scan it. I guess what I said may not be fully be fully accurate - while everthing was blurred, it was because (a black & white image) the ink ran and therefore there was a lack of definition.  If you have any thoughts I would be happy to try them out.  
Harris

juicy

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 06:23:25 am »

Hi!

If you can't scan the print, why not photograph it (maybe a detail also)?

Cheers,
J
Pages: [1]   Go Up