Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sharpening in PKS  (Read 2765 times)

sniper

sharpening in PKS
« on: October 09, 2007, 05:04:36 pm »

I'm wondering if anybody has any recomendations for sharpening settings in PKS, short of trying the dozens of different settings which would best suit shots from 8-12mp cameras.  
Am I better off going for wide, medium or fine edge sharpen in capture. and as for creative I'm baffled by the choices, I have guessed it's sharpening effects then I'm lost by the sheer number of options.
Any help welcome.  Wayne

Richowens

sharpening in PKS
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 05:41:45 pm »

Wayne,

The best advice I can give you is read the literature that comes with the program. In it are examples where you would use what and why. Read it, then read it again.
It contains guides for starting points in understanding what it will do.

For an 8mp camera you would use the high resolution choices in capture sharpening. I could give you settings for what I use, but they probably won't work for you. Whether you use wide, medium, fine or superfine depends on the content of the image. Again, the literature will guide you.

The best results will come with experience. Each photo is different and will require different settings for the result you want. Don't be afraid to adjust the layer sliders and watch what happens. If you don't like the results, just delete the layer or layer group.

Like anything else each person has to develop the skills necessary to achieve their goal. The only way is practice and more practice with a lot of mistakes along the way.

Rich
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 05:44:08 pm by Richowens »

sniper

sharpening in PKS
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 09:18:00 am »

Wayne,

The best advice I can give you is read the literature that comes with the program. In it are examples where you would use what and why. Read it, then read it again.
It contains guides for starting points in understanding what it will do.

For an 8mp camera you would use the high resolution choices in capture sharpening. I could give you settings for what I use, but they probably won't work for you. Whether you use wide, medium, fine or superfine depends on the content of the image. Again, the literature will guide you.

The best results will come with experience. Each photo is different and will require different settings for the result you want. Don't be afraid to adjust the layer sliders and watch what happens. If you don't like the results, just delete the layer or layer group.

Like anything else each person has to develop the skills necessary to achieve their goal. The only way is practice and more practice with a lot of mistakes along the way.

Rich
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144928\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Rich, I didn't see the PDF file, it's got a lot of info in there, I'll read it when I get home from work.  Thanks again.  Wayne
Pages: [1]   Go Up