Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Version of Hasselblad HC 150 3,2 available  (Read 5862 times)

Bernd B.

New Version of Hasselblad HC 150 3,2 available
« on: October 09, 2007, 04:04:32 pm »

I went to the website of www.photopartner.de today and noticed they have a rebate for the old version of the HC 150 3,2. I gave them a call and the guy explained me there is indeed a new one with an "N" in the name. He said the old one was the weakest lens in the range and therefore they gave it a new lens design with one element less.

I wonder if "weak" means bad sharpness oder bad bokeh. I never heard anyone complain about the sharpness.

I hope it will be compatible with the H1 and H2, but do not expect problems here.

I did not find any hint on an official Hasselblad website.

here´s the link to the fotopartner site (hope it works):

http://www.fotopartner.de/cgi-bin/fotopart...Hc.0.1191961030
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 05:01:39 pm by Bernd B. »

j.miller

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 05:20:49 pm »

The Hasselblad HC 150mm f/3.2N designates a mid-production change to the optical design of the HC 150, pretaining to the zero-lead initiative in optical and electronic designs coming out of Europe. The optical design itself is practically identical, however the glass / optical formulation(s) are different. Physically the lens is identical to the earlier version, with the exception of the "N" designation.

The HC 150 was a newer generation lens in the HC/D line in comparison to most of the lens line (HC-D 28mm being an exception). It was originally manufactured post-zero lead, requiring some design changes in comparison to most of the lenses in the line that were designed and manufactured pre-zero lead. Now that there have been some advances and changes in zero-lead optical formulation, the lens has been redesigned.

There has been no apparent change in optical sharpness, however MTF charts are not available for the new lens as of yet. The pricing has gone up approx $200 (USD), however the part number number is the same.

Regards,

Jordan Miller

I went to the website of www.photoparter.de today and noticed they have a rebate for the old version of the HC 150 3,2. I gave them a call and the guy explained me there is indeed a new one with an "N" in the name. He said the old one was the weakest lens in the range and therefore they gave it a new lens design with one element less.

I wonder if "weak" means bad sharpness oder bad bokeh. I never heard anyone complain about the sharpness.

I hope it will be compatible with the H1 and H2, but do not expect problems here.

I did not find any hint on an official Hasselblad website.

here´s the link to the fotopartner site (hope it works):

http://www.fotopartner.de/cgi-bin/fotopart...Hc.0.1191961030
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144895\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:14:01 am by j.miller »

Bernd B.

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 05:38:29 pm »

The Hasselblad HC 150mm f/3.2N designates a mid-production change to the optical design of the HC 150, pretaining to the zero-lead initiative in optical and electronic designs coming out of Europe. The optical design itself is practically identical, however the glass / optical formulation(s) are different. Physically the lens is identical to the earlier version, with the exception of the "N" designation.

The HC 150 was a newer generation lens in the HC/D line in comparison to most of the lens line (HC-D 28mm being an exception). It was originally manufactured post-zero lead, requiring some design changes in comparison to most of the lenses in the line that were designed and manufactured pre-zero lead. Now that there have been some advances and changes in zero-lead optical formulation, the lens has been redesigned.

There has been no apparent change in optical sharpness, however MTF charts are not available for the new lens as of yet. The pricing has gone up approx $200 (USD), however the part number number is the same.

Regards,

Jordan Miller
DTG
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144924\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for clarifying. So a rebated old one is a bargain?

j.miller

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 10:58:05 pm »

Any sort of rebate or discount would be worth taking advantage of. I have found the original HC 150mm to be a stellar lens. I would imagine the HC 150mm f/3.2N is going to quickly become readily available, as existing dealers move through remaining stock of the original HC 150.

Regards,

Jordan Miller

Thanks for clarifying. So a rebated old one is a bargain?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144927\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:13:48 am by j.miller »

Bernd B.

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 09:47:25 am »

Any sort of rebate or discount would be worth taking advantage of. I have found the original HC 150mm to be a stellar lens. I would imagine the HC 150mm f/3.2N is going to quickly become readily available, as existing dealers move through remaining stock of the original HC 150.

Regards,

Jordan Miller
DTG
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144995\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Rumors say the older 38mm Biotar was better than the newer "lead free" version. Is the old version of the HC150 better than the HC150N ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up