Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LCC in photoshop  (Read 5758 times)

rueyloon

• http://www.36frames.com
LCC in photoshop
« on: October 07, 2007, 08:00:53 pm »

hello

hi, I'm using an aptus and I have an expodisc. It there anyway to do the LCC routine in photoshop ? I see this as a way to correct for color cast as well as the uneven ilumination across the frame, saving the use of the center filter.

What I do now is this,
1) do the "LCC dance" during the shoot
2) correct color balance
3) in photoshop, I move the levels until the grey frame is about 128, 128, 128,
4) invert the grey frame and set the layer blending to overlay

It works, but

The question is this, is there a better way to do it ?

Prakash Patel

• http://www.prakashpatel.com
LCC in photoshop
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 11:00:49 pm »

hello

hi, I'm using an aptus and I have an expodisc. It there anyway to do the LCC routine in photoshop ? I see this as a way to correct for color cast as well as the uneven ilumination across the frame, saving the use of the center filter.

What I do now is this,
1) do the "LCC dance" during the shoot
2) correct color balance
3) in photoshop, I move the levels until the grey frame is about 128, 128, 128,
4) invert the grey frame and set the layer blending to overlay

It works, but

The question is this, is there a better way to do it ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144472\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

rueyloon,

Sounds like you have a solution that gets you by..........
You are kidding right? Your Leaf dealer  did not inform you that there is a utility that addresses this issue? Go to Leaf Photography>support> download the newest version of the "Gain Utility"

Simply shoot a gain file (LCC is the phase term,"white reference" is the sinar term, gain file is Leaf term. hassy?....).
I cover the lens with translucent white acrylic and over expose by 2 stops or center the histogram without changing the aperture for every new camera composition. This "gain file" records the color anomolies, lens fall off for the specific lens movement of the composition. The gain utility has a control for applying 0-100% of the density/fall off correction . Works pretty well for what it is, hopefully the newer versions  will be less labor intensive to use and implement.

regards

rueyloon

LCC in photoshop
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 12:09:19 am »

hello

yes, I've heard of the gain utility, but I though it is more for sensor calibration ? does it work for a shot by shot calibration situation ?

I'll go check it out now.

cheers

rueyloon,

You are kidding right? Your Leaf dealer  did not inform you that there is a utility that addresses this issue? Go to Leaf Photography>support> download the newest version of the "Gain Utility"

Simply shoot a gain file (LCC is the phase term,"white reference" is the sinar term, gain file is Leaf term. hassy?....).
I cover the lens with translucent white acrylic and over expose by 2 stops or center the histogram without changing the aperture for every new camera composition. This "gain file" records the color anomolies, lens fall off for the specific lens movement of the composition. The gain utility has a control for applying 0-100% of the density/fall off correction . Works pretty well for what it is, hopefully the newer versions  will be less labor intensive to use and implement.

regards
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144514\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

TechTalk

LCC in photoshop
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 12:20:11 am »

rueyloon,

You are kidding right? Your Leaf dealer  did not inform you that there is a utility that addresses this issue? Go to Leaf Photography>support> download the newest version of the "Gain Utility"

I cover the lens with translucent white acrylic and over expose by 2 stops or center the histogram without changing the aperture for every new camera composition. This "gain file" records the color anomolies, lens fall off for the specific lens movement of the composition. The gain utility has a control for applying 0-100% of the density/fall off correction . Works pretty well for what it is, hopefully the newer versions  will be less labor intensive to use and implement.

regards
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144514\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hasselblad calls it "custom white" in the FlexColor software. Confusing terminology choice, I know.

Vignetting correction is automatic with Hasselblad H2 and CF backs, H2D and H3D. There is a control that allows you to keep the amount of vignetting that you want, if you don't want 100% correction.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

rueyloon

LCC in photoshop
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 03:32:05 am »

oh man, tried it out, it works like a charm... now if only leaf can incorporate this with an easy to use procedure inside Leaf-Capture

pixjohn

LCC in photoshop
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 03:58:59 am »

That would be a novel idea to have it built into the leaf V11 software!

Prakash Patel

• http://www.prakashpatel.com
LCC in photoshop
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 05:47:30 am »

oh man, tried it out, it works like a charm... now if only leaf can incorporate this with an easy to use procedure inside Leaf-Capture
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144548\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think it is important for it to be both an external utility as well as incorporated in Leaf V11...........a
tethered solution should be coming. It is critical to be able to use the processing soup of your choice as well as having and integrated  solution for the Leaf software. I don't understand why it takes so long for execution.........it is an important feature for architectural/landscape shooters, any non axial lens shooter

The Sinar solution via Brumbaer tools seems to be the most mature and efficient solution........its been discussed here on LL.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 03:05:17 pm by Prakash Patel »
Pages: [1]   Go Up