Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A request for Michael  (Read 2779 times)

Digiteyesed

• http://www.neutralhillsstills.ca/
A request for Michael
« on: October 07, 2007, 05:18:04 pm »

Michael,

The articles I enjoy the most on your site are the ones where you talk about the image making process as an artist. I'm much less interested in the equipment reviews and how-to articles than I am in the pieces where you talk about your images and how you conceived them. So I have a request for you...

When you're planning your next video for sale by download, would you consider doing a sort of video workshop that is a retrospective on your art work over the decades? I don't want to hear about what cameras/gear/film you used so much as the background story behind each picture. How you noticed it, what you thought when you were capturing it, how you decided to present it after the fact, your connection to it, and so on.

I'm enthralled by your images and your eye for the world, and that's what keeps me coming back here -- not all of the equipment talk and the techno babble. If you were to produce a video workshop like this -- something that would be marvelous for those of us who simply can't afford to see you in person -- I would gladly pay for it. While I would dearly love to attend a workshop with you in the flesh, a $49.95 video download is much more within my modest means.

In any case, thanks for sharing all that you do. It's very much appreciated.

Sean McCormick

Kagetsu

• Refractive Labs
A request for Michael
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 06:20:23 pm »

I'd also like to see something along those lines... A little personal critique is always interesting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up