Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Gallery Export  (Read 4632 times)

nik

• Nick Vasilopoulos Photography
Web Gallery Export
« on: October 07, 2007, 02:45:35 pm »

When Lightroom generates a Web Gallery it seems to include the sRGB icc profile with the large images. How do I turn this OFF? I don't want the profile to be tagged to the sRGB images.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

-Nik

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
Web Gallery Export
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 05:43:52 pm »

I don't know of any automatic way to turn it off but I'm curious -- why do you want to?

nik

Web Gallery Export
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 05:59:39 pm »

Because if you view your Lightroom exported webpage or File Exported images in a browser that is not ICC aware (firefox, explorer) there is a colorshift as the attached profile is ignored. Images in Lightroom look great, even in the Web Gallery Module - because Lightroom knows about color management, firefox and explorer don't. Usually the images have a washed-out look in these browsers. I'd rather exclude the profile so that I can test and adjust accordingly what my images will look like when viewed by non icc aware browsers. i don't want to have to go into photoshop cs3 and use 'Save for Web and devices' and Deselect ICC profile for all my images, I want that option in Lightroom.

-Nik

I don't know of any automatic way to turn it off but I'm curious -- why do you want to?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144447\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Web Gallery Export
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 06:03:45 pm »

Three of the books I've consulted say nothing about how to do this. Presumably you know that the purpose of embedding that profile is to ensure that the colours will be about the same on any display where the images are viewed.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
Web Gallery Export
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 06:07:40 pm »

Because if you view your Lightroom exported webpage or File Exported images in a browser that is not ICC aware (firefox, explorer) there is a colorshift as the attached profile is ignored. Images in Lightroom look great, even in the Web Gallery Module - because Lightroom knows about color management, firefox and explorer don't. Usually the images have a washed-out look in these browsers. I'd rather exclude the profile so that I can test and adjust accordingly what my images will look like when viewed by non icc aware browsers. i don't want to have to go into photoshop cs3 and use 'Save for Web and devices' and Deselect ICC profile for all my images, I want that option in Lightroom.

-Nik
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144450\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nik,

I recently up-loaded a very large number of galleries and images to my website using Lightroom v1.2. Of course my display is colour-managed, so to make sure they look OK, I checked them on my wife's display which is not colour-managed - it is like 90% of the displays out there would be. No problem. The images look OK. Perhaps a BIT brigher than they should because most LCD's are set too bright, but I would say within the acceptable range for a web view.

nik

Web Gallery Export
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 06:19:50 pm »

Yes Mark, they will look the same if the destination monitor is calibrated and the application used to view them actually knows what to do with a profile. Firefox and Explorer do not. I have a calibrated mac and softproof in photoshop at this point because I can't (the function does not exist) in Lightroom. I want to eliminate the photoshop step. It's not a matter of what's acceptable, it's a matter of the images looking and measuring the exact same on different browsers on the same machine. Mine.

Thanks for searching for an answer!

-N

Three of the books I've consulted say nothing about how to do this. Presumably you know that the purpose of embedding that profile is to ensure that the colours will be about the same on any display where the images are viewed.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144451\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

nik

Web Gallery Export
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 06:41:53 pm »

I suppose what I really want is Photoshop-like Softproofing in Lightroom. I want to be able to *SEE* in Lightroom (cmm aware) what the images will look like BEFORE I export them either as single files or as Web Galleries to be viewed in browsers like firefox (not cmm aware).

-Nik

When Lightroom generates a Web Gallery it seems to include the sRGB icc profile with the large images. How do I turn this OFF? I don't want the profile to be tagged to the sRGB images.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

-Nik
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144423\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
Web Gallery Export
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 07:06:44 pm »

I suppose what I really want is Photoshop-like Softproofing in Lightroom. I want to be able to *SEE* in Lightroom (cmm aware) what the images will look like BEFORE I export them either as single files or as Web Galleries to be viewed in browsers like firefox (not cmm aware).

-Nik
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144459\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Join the crowd - we all want that!

nik

Web Gallery Export
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 02:25:22 am »

Sigh, I guess it's photoshop until then.

-Nik

Join the crowd - we all want that!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144467\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up