Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C2P - Scanning 48bit HDR in Silverfast  (Read 6840 times)

pflower

C2P - Scanning 48bit HDR in Silverfast
« on: October 07, 2007, 01:59:01 pm »

I was interested in the section on scanning in what was almost a throw-away comment to the effect that scanning via Silverfast in 48bit HDR might give better results than in 48bit Colour Modewith colour correction within Silverfast.  I have been playing with this but find that all my scans (on a Polaroid Sprintscan 120 with Silverfast Ai 6.5) result in incredibly dark files which need dramatic levels adjustments to even see what is going on in them.

Is it that these files are only designed to be read by Silverfast HDR or is there something I am doing wrong?  Anyone using this method care to advise?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 12:36:53 pm by pflower »

Marty C

• http://www.shorephoto.com
C2P - Scanning 48bit HDR in Silverfast
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 02:41:55 pm »

I was interested in the section on scanning in what was almost a throw-away comment to the effect that scanning via Silverfast in 48bit HDR might give better results than in 48bit Colour Modewith colour correction within Silverfast.  I have been playing with this but find that all my scans (on a Polaroid Sprintscan 120 with Silverfast Ai 6.5) result in incredibly dark files which need dramatic levels adjustments to even see what is going on in them.

Is it that these files are only designed to be read by Silverfast HDR or is there something I am doing wrong?  Anyone using this method care to advise?

Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144417\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You are correct in assuming you will need SF HDR to complete the scan the darkness is because you have 100% raw data which needs HDR to filter it. You can do a modified scan using 48 bit color and you can correct the scan in AI.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 02:42:40 pm by Marty C »
Pages: [1]   Go Up