Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100  (Read 2171 times)

Mary K

Z3100
« on: October 07, 2007, 12:15:34 pm »

Although the prints look fine, I always get three error messages when I print through Photoshop CS3 with my HP Z3100 printer (I had the same messages when printing with CS2).

1.  When setting up the print, when I click on OK I get an Incompatible Print Setting error that says that there are one or more conflicting settings.

2.  A message that says that I need to synchronize papers, but when I synchronize I get a message that all papers are already synchronized.

3.  When the printer is actually printing the image, I get a message that the                
image has failed to print, but the image always prints.

Are any of you getting the same error messages, and if so, what, if anything, have you done to resolve them or make them stop popping up.

I am using the latest version of the Z3100 firmware and drivers on a Windows XP (Home Edition) PC.  

I've attached a screen shot of the errors, and they are boxed in red.

Thanks for your help -- Mary
Mary Konchar

Ernst Dinkla

Z3100
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 02:45:11 pm »

Although the prints look fine, I always get three error messages when I print through Photoshop CS3 with my HP Z3100 printer (I had the same messages when printing with CS2).

1.  When setting up the print, when I click on OK I get an Incompatible Print Setting error that says that there are one or more conflicting settings.

2.  A message that says that I need to synchronize papers, but when I synchronize I get a message that all papers are already synchronized.

3.  When the printer is actually printing the image, I get a message that the                 
image has failed to print, but the image always prints.

Are any of you getting the same error messages, and if so, what, if anything, have you done to resolve them or make them stop popping up.

I am using the latest version of the Z3100 firmware and drivers on a Windows XP (Home Edition) PC. 

I've attached a screen shot of the errors, and they are boxed in red.

Thanks for your help -- Mary
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It usually isn't easy to guess what goes wrong in cases like this. But I will try anyway.

If you have loaded paper on the printer it will ask on the printer panel roll-sheet and after that the paper type. That done and the paper loaded correctly the printer will send that information to the driver. If no auto mode is selected it could be that you open the driver and the driver has conflicting information: the paper quality as transferred from the printer and the paper quality as used on the last job or the driver fixed on default settings. At least that can happen with Qimage as that program keeps more driver settings saved than other applications. You can ignore that warning and continue. Then if you do not change the paper setting to what the printer told the driver (visible just above where you can change the paper type setting in the driver) you will get the error that there is incompatibility. It could also be something like a custom setting with gloss enhancer on for matt papers although I believe that it will never print GE on matt paper type settings. Anyway enough choices to generate conflicts.

The message on synchronising must be related to that incompatibility and you have to solve that in the driver or on the printer through the panel menu. It isn't related to the paper synchronising in Easy Care where just the lists of all paper type choices are made equal between printer and driver(s on more systems).

The last message probably isn't related to the others but possibly a Window printer driver system issue (spool setting etc) or the communication between that software and the printer doesn't work correct. It happened from time to time here but also with Epson printers.

If you go to start>settings>printer + faxes>the icon for your printer and check the preferred settings c.q. change them you could make it easier for the driver to adapt to paper choices. In the same window will you find spool options for Windows print server.

From time to time I get continuing driver<>Qimage conflicts and the only way to solve that seems to be a new install of the driver. It could be different for CS3

As written it isn't easy to figure this out over the web. There could be synchronise issues I have not experienced.

Ernst Dinkla

try:  [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]

Harry Carpenter

Z3100
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 03:42:40 pm »

Mary. I have had both of those messages.
The first one was because I had changed or attempted to change something in the advanced setting dialogue. Once it started doing this I could not identify what it was that caused it. Reinstalling the drivers sorted it and I now set my default prefs via the windows start menu / printer / properties. Once set I do not change from the default except paper type and size.

With the failed to print message it was always a memory thing. Try keeping an eye on available memory on the C: drive.

Also in the printer properties I found it better to set the printing option to raw instead of emf as I got less errors when printing large prints.

Hope this helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up