Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Silk Road  (Read 4540 times)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
The Silk Road
« on: April 13, 2005, 11:54:14 pm »

Looks like an interesting book.  One note though, your link ("Some good examples of her work from the Himalaya are here") is broken.  You have ttp:// instead of http://

Mike.

P.S.  Yo Yo Ma and various international artists have a CD called 'The Silk Road'.  Nothing to do with photography, but if you have an interest in that part of the world...
If your mind is attuned t

David Mantripp

• :: snowhenge dot net ::
The Silk Road
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 03:44:56 am »

Thanks Mike, I'll fix it pronto. Ooops.
--
David Mantripp

David Mantripp

• :: snowhenge dot net ::
The Silk Road
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 02:14:38 pm »

I just wanted to mention a book I've briefly reviewed on my web site by Swiss photographer / traveller Alessandra Meniconzi.  It consists of 250 pages of photos taken in Central / Central East Asia, in regions most of us have never heard of (Tajikistan, anyone ?).  The photography is gorgeous, and the fact that it was all done with a Canon EOS 1n (a fairly old film SLR) and a couple of mid-range lenses puts all this "if only I had a Rocketflash XF30000i and 25 f1.0 primes I'd be a brilliant photographer" to shame.

I have no personal connection with the photographer - I was given the book as a gift, and I just felt it is worth sharing with people who appreciate good photography....
--
David Mantripp

tamerlin

• http://www.usefilm.com/portfolio.php
The Silk Road
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 01:51:37 pm »

Kitaro also performed the soundtrack to a (BBC-produced, IIRC)
documentary on the Silk Road, appropriately titled "The Silk Road".
Pages: [1]   Go Up