Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copy Files to a New Directory  (Read 2086 times)

Goodlistener

• http://www.pbase.com/goodlistener
Copy Files to a New Directory
« on: October 06, 2007, 02:23:06 am »

I have a set of filters that pulls out about 200 JPG files.  Now I want to COPY  (not export?) those JPGs to another directory.  Does anybody know How????

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 11:39:03 am »

Not sure I understand the question.  Are you doing this within Lightroom?  If so, then I don't believe you can.  Lightroom doesn't work with images themselves per se, but with  references to images.  Any changes to collections or to image edits are done within the Lightroom database, but no changes are made to the files themselves.  If you actually want to copy the files from one folder on your computer to another, Lightroom doesn't work that way.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Goodlistener

• http://www.pbase.com/goodlistener
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 11:51:09 am »

Thank ou Wolf.  I was afraid of that, and can just use the Finder in Mac.

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 07:48:59 am »

Hmm, remember that if these JPEGs are already in your LR catalog, then moving them in the Finder will cause LR to (temporarily) not be able to find them. You'd have to guide LR to the new directory where the JPEGs reside. If you're just copying them, then no problem.

Keep in mind that LR isn't a tool for organizing your images "on disk". It's more of a tool for organizing images via metadata or other structures -- keywords, labels, collections, etc. -- to help you find them more easily later on. File copying and moving operations don't really fall under the LR umbrella.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 07:50:11 am by madmanchan »
Eric Chan
Pages: [1]   Go Up