Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji GX680 IIIS WITH LINDHAL FRONT ADAPTER  (Read 6740 times)

Detlef_g

• http://
Fuji GX680 IIIS WITH LINDHAL FRONT ADAPTER
« on: October 04, 2007, 10:47:27 pm »

Hi,

I would like to buy a Fuji GX680 IIIs to connect my Ixpress 132c on it and found some at KEH. But they offer two different types.

GX680IIIS PRO WITH WAISTLEVEL (NO PERSPECTIVE CONTROL) MEDIUM FORMAT SLR MANUAL FOCUS CAMERA BODYAnd a version

GX680IIIS PRO WITH WAISTLEVEL (NO PERSPECTIVE CONTROL) WITH LINDHAL FRONT ADAPTER MEDIUM FORMAT SLR MANUAL FOCUS CAMERA BODY

Does anybody Know the different between an normal one and the Version with the LINDHAL FRONT ADAPTER

Thanks

Detlef

mattlap2

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 01:26:54 am »

Hi,

I would like to buy a Fuji GX680 IIIs to connect my Ixpress 132c on it and found some at KEH. But they offer two different types.

GX680IIIS PRO WITH WAISTLEVEL (NO PERSPECTIVE CONTROL) MEDIUM FORMAT SLR MANUAL FOCUS CAMERA BODYAnd a version

GX680IIIS PRO WITH WAISTLEVEL (NO PERSPECTIVE CONTROL) WITH LINDHAL FRONT ADAPTER MEDIUM FORMAT SLR MANUAL FOCUS CAMERA BODY

Does anybody Know the different between an normal one and the Version with the LINDHAL FRONT ADAPTER

Thanks

Detlef
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143934\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Detlef,

I am curious as to why you would be interested in the GX680IIIS.    Like the descriptions say the S has none of the perspective controls that make the GX680 system a great platform for many.   Not to mention that the GX680 system has been discontinued for more than 4 years now and accessories are hard to find.

Without the benefits of movements the GX680 is an awfully bulky system for a digital back.

Detlef_g

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 11:50:34 pm »

>I am curious as to why you would be interested in the GX680IIIS.    Like the >descriptions say the S has none of the perspective controls that make the GX680 >system a great platform for many.   Not to mention that the GX680 system has >been discontinued for more than 4 years now and accessories are hard to find.

>Without the benefits of movements the GX680 is an awfully bulky system for a >digital back.

HM, really good argument. I have to think about if I really need another GX680. Up to now I do have a GX680 (first model) and shooting mostly people without a tripod. A 3 to 5 hour shooting is really a heavy thing.

Thanks

Detlef

mattlap2

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 01:45:43 am »

>I am curious as to why you would be interested in the GX680IIIS.    Like the >descriptions say the S has none of the perspective controls that make the GX680 >system a great platform for many.   Not to mention that the GX680 system has >been discontinued for more than 4 years now and accessories are hard to find.

>Without the benefits of movements the GX680 is an awfully bulky system for a >digital back.

HM, really good argument. I have to think about if I really need another GX680. Up to now I do have a GX680 (first model) and shooting mostly people without a tripod. A 3 to 5 hour shooting is really a heavy thing.

Thanks

Detlef
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144148\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well I really  had to ask because the GX680 platform became very popular with catalog and product photographers who needed very basic perspective control.   The  majority of these cameras are reaching the end of their life and things like AC powersupplies are needing to be fabricated.    

As a fashion platform it was fantastic for 6x8cm film for magazine covers.   But doesn't make a lot of sense from a lens selection choice for fashion on a smaller size chip.

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 01:16:15 pm »

>I am curious as to why you would be interested in the GX680IIIS.    Like the >descriptions say the S has none of the perspective controls that make the GX680 >system a great platform for many.   Not to mention that the GX680 system has >been discontinued for more than 4 years now and accessories are hard to find.

Thanks

Detlef
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144148\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
iused to have the 680 system and loved it.....which adapter are you using? are there any cables running to the back.....i still think the 680 is the best solution for T/S (other then architecture of course) with Dbacks....just a little cluncky in the implementation...amazing lenses, great system...i use a P30, so i am wondering if there are any adapters....
afaik the 680 to III only have small changes in design, the later ones are a little lighter (not much) but all in all everything works on every camera (not the batteries, the powerhandling was re-designed)....i never understood the IIIs.....why deal with that camera if you don't want movements?

TechTalk

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 01:38:56 pm »

iused to have the 680 system and loved it.....which adapter are you using? are there any cables running to the back.....i still think the 680 is the best solution for T/S (other then architecture of course) with Dbacks....just a little cluncky in the implementation...amazing lenses, great system...i use a P30, so i am wondering if there are any adapters....
afaik the 680 to III only have small changes in design, the later ones are a little lighter (not much) but all in all everything works on every camera (not the batteries, the powerhandling was re-designed)....i never understood the IIIs.....why deal with that camera if you don't want movements?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Any digital back can be attached to a Fuji GX 680. There are two methods to attach.

Kapturegroup makes an adapter for Phase One or Leaf backs to the Fuji GX 680. Due to the fixed mount system that these backs use and the type of electronic pulse that the GX 680 uses for flash sync, it requires the use of an external sync box to sync camera and back. [a href=\"http://www.kapturegroup.com/phase/phase.html#fujilink]Kapture Group Link[/url]

Hasselblad CF, Ixpress and Sinar backs have interchangeable mounts. Their GX 680 mounts eliminate the need for an external sync device. An advantage of the interchangeable mount systems.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Detlef_g

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 10:57:13 pm »

Any digital back can be attached to a Fuji GX 680. There are two methods to attach.

Kapturegroup makes an adapter for Phase One or Leaf backs to the Fuji GX 680. Due to the fixed mount system that these backs use and the type of electronic pulse that the GX 680 uses for flash sync, it requires the use of an external sync box to sync camera and back. Kapture Group Link

Hasselblad CF, Ixpress and Sinar backs have interchangeable mounts. Their GX 680 mounts eliminate the need for an external sync device. An advantage of the interchangeable mount systems.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144248\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Iā€™m using my GX680 with a Hasseblad 132C, connected with I-Adapter from Hasselblad an a sync cable. It works perfect and do often shoot without I tripod in my studio. The only bad thing is the weight, after 3 to 5 hours shooting people, my arms a very tired.

I tested olso the Phase back on the GX680, but I do not like the additional box for the syn impulse. I prefer the smarter solution Hasselblad offers.

Detlef
Pages: [1]   Go Up